Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in LCM & HCF, which is common for all the IBPS,SBI exam and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- A rectangular courtyard 140cm long 525cm wide is to be paved exactly with square tiles, all of the same size. what is the largest size of the tile which could be used for the purpose?
E)None of theseAnswer – B)35cm
30 cm = 4 × 5 × 7
525 cm = 5 × 5 × 3 × 7
Hence common factors are 5 and 7
Hence LCM = 5 × 7 = 35
- Two containers contain 50 and 125 litres of water respectively. Find the maximum capacity of a container which can measure the water in each container an exact number of times(in litres)
E)None of theseAnswer – A)25
HCF of 50 and 125 = 25
- Two baskets contain 183 and 242 Apples respectively, which are distributed in equal number among children. Find the largest number of apples that can be given, so that 3 apples are left over from the first basket and 2 from the second.
E)None of theseAnswer – C)60
183-3 = 180
142-2 = 240
HCF of 240, 180 = 60
- A person has 3 bars whose length are 12,16,24m respectively. He want to cuts the longest possible pieces, all of the same length from each of the 3 bars, what is the length of the each piece, if he is cut without any wastage
E)None of theseAnswer – D)4m
HCF of 12, 16, 24 = 4m
- Four bells commence tolling together and toll at the intervals of 3,9,12,15 seconds resp. In 60 minutes how many times they will toll together.
E)None of theseAnswer – B)21
LCM of 3, 9, 12, 15 = 180s = 3m
In 60m = 60/3 = 20=> 20+1 = 21
- In a seminar the number of participants in Technology, Economics and Science are 150, 90 and 180 respectively. Find the minimum number of rooms required, where in each room the same number of participants are to be seated and all of them being in the same subject.
E)None of theseAnswer – C)30
HCF of 150, 90 and 180 = 30
No of participants can be seated in each room = 30
- Naren, Suraj and Praveen start running around a circular stadium and complete one round in 12s, 9s and 15s respectively. In how much time will they meet again at the starting point ?
E)None of theseAnswer – C)3m
Solution: LCM of 12, 9, 15 =180s = 3m
- Three boxes of lengths 60m,30m and 45m are to be cut into pieces of equal length. What is the greatest possible length of each pieces ?
E)None of theseAnswer – A)15m
Solution:HCF of 60, 30 and 45m = 15m
- In a college, all the students can stand in a row, so that each row has 9, 7 and 12 students. Find the least no of students in the school ?
E)None of theseAnswer – D)252
Solution: LCM of 9, 7 and 12 = 252
- The HCF of 3 different no is 17, Which of the following cannot be their LCM ?
E)None of theseAnswer – A)540
Solution:540 cannot be divisible by 13
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to any chapter, you can share here.