Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample From Data Interpretation that is important for IBPS, SBI, RRB,SSC and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams.
Direction: (Q1-5). Refer the table and answer the given questions.
|Year||Total Number of Votes||% of Valid Votes||Respective Ratio of Valid votes of male & Valid votes of female|
- In 2013, if the number of valid votes of female was 1040, what was the respective ratio of number of valid votes of male and number of valid votes of female same year?
E.5:7Answer – B. 3:1
52% of 8000 = 4160
Valid votes of Female = 1040
Valid votes of Male = 4160 – 1040 = 3120
- If the average number of valid votes in 2012 and 2015 was 7500, what will be the ratio between the valid votes in 2015 to 2012?
E.31:39Answer – B. 29:21
Number of valid votes in 2012 and 2015 = 15000
2015: 58% of 15000 =8700
2012: 15000 – 8700 = 6300
Ratio = 29:21
- The total number of votes increased by 20% from 2013 to 2016. If 45% of the votes valid in 2016, what is the difference between number of valid votes in 2013 and 2016?
E.130Answer – C. 160
Total votes in 2016 = 120/100 * 8000 = 9600
Valid votes in 2016 =45% of 9600 = 4320
Valid votes in 2013 = 52% of 8000 = 4160
Difference = 4320 – 4160 = 160
- In 2014, if the difference between number of valid votes of male and number of valid votes of female was 2100, what was the total number of votes in 2014?
E.Cannot be determinedAnswer – C.14000
8x = Valid Votes; y = Total Votes
2x = 2100
x = 1050
5:3 =>8x =8400
60% of y = 8400
y = 14000
- In 2011, the respective ratio of total number of votes to valid votes was 5:3. Number of valid votes of female in 2011 constitutes what approximate percent of the total number of votes in the same year?
E.Cannot be determinedAnswer – B.27%
Let total no.of votes =5x and valid votes =3x
Female valid vote=3x *4/9=4x/3
Percentage of female valid vote out of total vote =[(4x/3)/5x]*100=26.66
Directions (Q.6-10): Study the following pie chart carefully and answer the questions given below.
Percentage wise distribution of the number of mobile phones sold by a shopkeeper during six months
The respective ratio between the numbers of mobile phones sold of company Nokia and Samsung during six months
|Months||Nokia : Samsung|
- If in January the total mobile sold was 19%, then what is the ratio between the number of Nokia mobiles sold in January to the number of Samsung mobiles sold in April?
E.Cannot be determinedAnswer – C.2:1
In January the total mobile sold = 19*50000/100 = 9500
Total in April = 8 % = 4000
Nokia in Jan = 10/19 * 9500 = 5000
Samsung in April = 5/8 * 4000 = 2500
Ratio = 2:1
- What is the respective ratio between the number of mobile phones sold of Nokia in February to the number of mobile phones sold of Samsung in June?
E.Cannot be determinedAnswer –B.5:3
Nokia Mobile sold in February = 14/100 * 50000 * 4/7 = 4000
Samsung Mobile sold in June = 12/100 * 50000 * 2/5 = 2400
Ratio = 5:3
- If the shopkeeper earned a total profit Rs. 1250000 on selling Samsung mobiles during May, what was his profit earned on each mobile phones of that company during the same month?
E.Cannot be determinedAnswer – A.250
Samsung mobiles sold in May = 22/100 * 110000 * 5/11 = 5000
Total profit = Profit * No. of mobile sold
1250000 = X * 5000
X = 250
- In how many months the number of Nokia mobiles sold is more than the number of Samsung mobiles sold?
E.SixAnswer – C.Four
In Jan, Feb, May and June.
- What is the difference between the total number of Nokia mobiles sold to the number of Samsung mobile sold over the years?
E.400Answer – B.200
Total number of Nokia mobiles sold = 25100
Total number of Samsung mobiles sold = 24900
Difference = 200