Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample From Data Interpretation that is important for IBPS, SBI, RRB,SSC and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams.
I. Study the graph carefully to answer the questions that follow
Percent profit made by two companies over the years.
Percent Profit = [(Income – Expenditure)/Expenditure]*100
- If in the year 2008 the expenditures incurred by company A and C were the same, what was the ratio of the income of company A to that of Company C in that year?
B.26 : 27
C.21 : 29
D.27 : 29
E.None of theseAnswer –B.26 : 27
Let Expenditure = Rs.100
Income(A) = Rs. 130
Income(C) = Rs. 135
Ratio = 130 : 135 = 26 : 27
- If in the year 2012, the incomes of both companies A and C were same, What was the ratio of expenditure of Company A to the expenditure of Company C in that year?
A.17 : 31
B.21 : 32
C.31 : 19
D.29 : 32
E.None of theseAnswer –D.29 : 32
60 = (I-E)/E *100
E(A) = 5/8 x
45 = (I-E)/E *100
E(B) = 20/29 x
Ratio = 5/8 : 20/29 = 29: 32
- What is the ratio of the amount of profit earned by company A to that by company B in the year 2013?
B.11 : 17
C.11 : 15
D.Cannot be determined
E.None of theseAnswer –D.Cannot be determined
Cannot be determined
- For Company B, in which year is the percent of increase in percent profit over that of previous year the highest?
E.Cannot be determinedAnswer –C.2011
In 2009, 35-30/30 *100 = 16.67%
In 2010, 40-35/35 *100 = 14.28%
In 2011, 50-40/40 *100 = 25%
In 2012, 0%
In 2013, 60-50/50 *100 = 20%
- What is approximate percentage of the average per cent profit earned by company C to that of company A over all the years together?
E.Cannot be determinedAnswer –A.87%
Average per cent profit earned by company C = 235/6
Average per cent profit earned by company A = 270/6
Percentage = 235/270 * 100 = 87%
II. Study the following table and Pie-Chart carefully and answer the following questions given below.
Number of students studying in different streams in six engineering colleges
Pie-charts show the distribution of students in different cities in colleges B and D.
- What is the approximate percentage of the number of students pursuing Aerospace engineering to that of those pursuing mechanical engineering in the given six colleges?
E.65%Answer – D.62%
Number of students pursuing Aerospace engineering = 892
Number of students pursuing mechanical engineering = 1439
Percentage = 892/1439 * 100 = 62%
- How many students doing in Bio Technology in College D, were from Chennai?
E.Cannot be determinedAnswer –E.Cannot be determined
Given data is not sufficient.
- What is the difference between the number of students from Mumbai in colleges B and D?
E.Cannot be determinedAnswer – D.49
Total number of students in college B = 1225
Number of students from Mumbai in college B = 1225 * (32/100) = 392
Total number of students in college D = 1225
Number of students from Mumbai in college D = 1225 * (28/100) = 343
Difference = 392 – 343= 49
- What is the approximate percentage between the number of students from Cochin in college D to that of those from Kolkata in college B?
Number of students from Kolkata in college B = 1225 * (12/100) = 147
Number of students from Cochin in college D = 1225 * (8/100) = 98
Percentage = 98/147 *100 = 67%
- What is the difference between the number of students pursuing Civil engineering and those pursuing Electrical and Electronics engineering in the given six colleges?
E.43Answer – C.33
Number of students pursuing Civil engineering = 1431
Number of students pursuing Electrical and Electronics engineering =1398
Difference = 33
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification