Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample From Data Intrepretation that is important for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams.
Bank PO Level Questions :-
I. Study the graph to answer the following Questions
4000 posts of different cadres have to be filled up by six different banks(A, B, C, D, E, F). Chart – I shows the breakup of vacant posts in these banks. Chart – II shows the percentage breakup of the requirement of personnel in the different cadres in a bank. Assume that these percentages are the same for all the banks.
- Banks A and C recruited IT officers as per given requirement. After few days some of the newly employed IT officers left A and Joined C. The number of new requirements of IT officers in A and C have now become equal. The approximate percentage of new recruits who left A is
Answer – A. 11%
Total no of IT officers recruitment in Bank A = 11% of 728 = 80 (approx)
Total no of IT officers recruitment in Bank C = 11% of 567 = 62 (approx)
Difference between A & C = 18
some of the newly employed IT officers left A and Joined C. The number of new requirements of IT officers in A and C have now become equal.
i.e 9 IT officers left from Bank A and joined Bank C
The approximate percentage of new recruits who left A = (9/80)*100 = 11% (approx)
- By what % is the number of recruitments of law officers more/less in C, E and F taken together than in A, B and D taken together?
A. More by 40%
B. More by 20%
C. less by 40%
D. less by 20%
Answer – C. less by 40%
Total law officers in C, E, F = 10% of (567+427+508)= 150(approx)
Total law officers in A, B, D = 10% of (728+945+825)= 250(approx)
law officers in C, E, F are less than A, B, D = [250-150/250]*100 = 40%
- What is the ratio of requirement of Finance Executives in C and E taken together with D and F taken together?
Answer – D. 994:1333
Ratio = [27% of(567+427)/27% of (825+508)] = 994:1333
- Banks D and F hired 15% of Rajbhasha Adhikaris than their own requirement(%). After 1 year the total strength of the staff was brought down to the original strength through retrenchments of some employees.What is the difference between the initial strength and the current strength of employees?
Answer – A. 80
Requirement of Rajbhasha Adhikaris in D = 15% of 825 = 124 (approx)
Requirement of Rajbhasha Adhikaris in F = 15% of 508 = 76 (approx)
After 1 year(current strength)
Requirement of Rajbhasha Adhikaris in D = 9% of 825 = 74 (approx)
Requirement of Rajbhasha Adhikaris in F = 9% of 508 = 46 (approx)
Difference = 80
- In Bank E, about how many more technical officers should be employed than the required number so that the ratio of technical officers to that of finance executives becomes 2:3?
Answer – C. 43
Total technical officers = 8% of 427 = 34 (approx)
Total Financial executives = 27% of 427 = 115 (approx)
Additional technical officers – x
34+x/115 = 2/3 => x = 43 (approx)
II. The following Pie chart shows the percentage number of the candidates passed in examination from States A, B, C, D, E, F of a country in 2006. The Bar graph shows the percentage of fresh candidates who passed their graduation in 2006.
- If in 2006, the total passed candidates from states A, B, C, D, E and F was 650, then percentage of non-fresher candidates from State A who passed the examination in 2006 is
Answer – C. 80%
percentage of non-fresher candidates from State A who passed the examination in 2006 = 100% – Non fresher = 100-20 =80%
- If in 2006, the total number of freshers from state D was 160, then how many non-fresher candidates passed the exam from State E?
Answer – D. 1440
X-Total students appeared from D
Total no of freshers from D = 25% of x = 160 => x=640
y-Total students appeared from all states
10% of y = 640 => y=6400
non-fresher candidates (%) passed the exam from State E = 100 -10 = 90
Total no of non-fresher candidates = 90*1600/100 = 1440
- If total passed candidates from state B in 2006 was 112. what is the ratio between the number of freshers from state A and that of non-freshers from state C?
Answer – A. 39:65
Total no of candidates =16% of x = 112 => x=700
Students passed from state A = 28% of 700 =196
freshers from state A = 20% of 196 = 39
Students passed from C state = 11% of 700 = 77
Non- freshers from state C = 85% of 77 = 65 =>39:65
- If there is an increase of 10% and 20% candidates from state A and state B in the year 2007 respectively and the number of total passed candidates from state C in 2006 was 77, what would be the approximate total no of passed candidates from state A and State B in 2007?
Answer – B. 350
Total no of candidates in 2006 = 700
No of candidates from state A in 2006 = 28% of 700 = 196
No of candidates from state B in 2006 = 16% of 700 = 112
No of candidates from state A in 2007 = 110% of 196 = 216
No of candidates from state B in 2007 = 120% of 112 = 134
total no of passed candidates from state A and State B in 2007 = 350
- If the non-fresher candidates from state B in 2006 were 60, how many candidates passed the exam from all the states?
Answer – C. 500
Total no of candidates passed from state B in 2006 = 75% of x = 60 => x= 80
Total no of candidates passed from all states = 16% of y = 80 => y=500