Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Current Banking Awareness Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are covering some important Banking Awareness Questions. Do study this banking quiz thoroughly as it may prove to be helpful in upcoming exams.
- When did State Bank of Indore merged with its parent bank, the State bank of India?
E) 2012C) 2010
State Bank of Saurashtra merged in 2008.
Now, the five associate banks have also proposed to merge with SBI.
- Country’s largest lender, the State Bank of India has proposed to merge which of the following public sector bank with itself?
A) Bharatiya Mahila Bank
B) UCO Bank
C) Vijaya Bank
D) Bank of Maharashtra
E) None of theseA) Bharatiya Mahila Bank
SBI has decided to merge its 5 associate banks and BMB with it and asked for government’s approval.
- Where is the foreign bank, DBS bank going to set up its biggest technology hub in India?
D) New Delhi
E) MumbaiC) Hyderabad
Singaporean lender DBS Bank is creating its biggest technology hub outside of headquarters, in Hyderabad where the company plans to have over 1,500 headcount.
- Which foreign bank has decided to shuts down its retail banking branches in India?
A) RBS Bank
B) DBS Bank
C) Deutsche Bank
D) HSBC Bank
E) Doha BankA) RBS Bank
The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) will start shutting down its ten branches in India as it exits from the country following an announcement in February 2015.
- Which private sector bank has started a campaign on social media, Twitter to allow the applicants to sell themselves to become an employee of the bank?
A) HDFC bank
B) Yes Bank
C) DCB Bank
D) IDFC Bank
E) Bandhan BankD) IDFC Bank
IDFC Bank is now making applying for a new job as simple as sending out a tweet. The country’s newest private sector lender has just rolled out the first-of-its-kind Twitter campaign, #IDFCTwitterResume, where you can sell yourself in 140 characters and land a job in the bargain.
Job openings will be posted on Linkedin, Twitter & Facebook and the campaign will continue till May 24. Post this date, job seekers can continue to post resumes using the same hash tag.
- Which of the following bank has launched ‘mVisa’ – a mobile-based payments solution?
A) HSBC Bank
B) ICICI Bank
D) Canara Bank
E) Yes BankC) SBI
mVisa is a card-less solution which facilitates payment by scanning the QR code displayed at the merchant outlet or from the merchants mobile
- Cental govt. has approved the currency swap agreement between RBI and which bank?
A) Swiss National Bank
B) Reserve Bank of New Zealand
C) Reserve Bank of Australia
D) Bank of England
E) Central Bank of United Arab Emirates (UAE)E) Central Bank of United Arab Emirates (UAE)
As per the MoU signed in February, RBI and the Central Bank of UAE will consider signing a bilateral Currency Swap Agreement on mutually agreed terms and conditions after undertaking technical deliberations, subject to concurrence of respective governments.
- Which of the following entities is deciding to get converted to green bank?
A) Indian Energy Exchange Ltd
B) Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency
C) Department of Posts
D) Bureau of Energy Efficiency
E) Idea Payments Bank LimitedB) Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency
IREDA might be converted to a Green Bank without undergoing any altercation in its basic structure to enable it access to funds from foreign banks that are not currently supporting solar and wind projects.
A green bank is a public or quasi-public financing institution that provides low-cost, long-term financing support to clean, low-carbon projects by leveraging public funds through the use of various financial mechanisms to attract private investment so that each public dollar supports multiple dollars of private investment.
- According to an estimate, India’s bad loan worth may be bigger than which country’s economy?
B) New Zealand
E) BhutanB) New Zealand
India’s bad-loans problem looks much worse than lenders have been willing to acknowledge, heaping pressure on banks’ profits and further tightening the screws on distressed debt that could be bigger than New Zealand’s $170 billion economy.
- Which of the following has/have received first in-principle approvals for operating as a Bharat Bill Payments Operating Unit (BBPOU)?
C) PayU India
D) Airtel E-Commerce
E) Both A and CE) Both A and C
PayU India and Paytm have got amongst the first in-principle approvals for operating as a Bharat Bill Payments Operating Unit (BBPOU), allowing them to offer interoperable bill payment service to consumers.
Consumers will be able to pay all their bills anytime and anywhere under the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS), and the companies will provide platforms to offer these services.