Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample From Data Intrepretation that is important for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams !!
I.Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions
The total no of employees working in both the companies together is 4800. The respective ratio of no of employees in Companies X and Y is 5:7. Each employee works in only in one department – Administration, Operations and other departments of corporate divisions of the company.
In company X, 70% of the total employees are males, 60% of the total male employees work in Operations.Out of the remaining male employees, 1/8th work in Admin.Out of the total female employees 24% work in Admin and 5/8th of the remaining female employees works in Operations.
In Company Y, 80% of the total employees are males. 65% of the total male employees work in operation. No of male employees who work in other departments in company Y is 20% more than the male employee work in other departments in Company X.No of female employees who works in Operations in Company Y are less than the no of male employees who work for Operation in the same Company by 75%. Out of the remaining female employees ¼ work in Admin.
Total = 4800
X: Y = 5:7 = 2000:2800
In Company X
M:F = 1400:600
Admin = 70:144
Operation = 840:285
Other = 490:171
In Company Y
M:F = 2240:560
Admin = 196:49
Operation = 1456:364
Other = 588:147
- In Company Y what is the respective ratio between the total no of employees who work in Administration and the total no of employees who work in other departments in the same company ?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.1:3
Admin = 49+196 = 245
Total no of employees = 588+147 = 735
Ratio = 245:735 = 1:3
- What is the difference between the average no of males working in Administration in both the companies together and the average no of female employees working in other departments in both the companies together ?
E.None of theseAnswer – A.26
Avg Admin(M) = 70+196/2 = 133
Avg Other(F) = 171+147/2 = 159
Diff = 159-133 = 26
- What % of the total no of male employees in company X work in Other departments ?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.35%
490*100/1400 = 35%
- What is the total no of female employees who works in Operation department in Company X and Y together ?
E.None of theseAnswer – B.649
285+364 = 649
- What % of the total no of female employees in Company Y works in Operation departments ?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.65%
364*100/560 = 65%
II.Study the following Graph carefully to answer the given questions
- What is the % increase in the income of Company B from 2006 to 2008 ?
E.None of theseAnswer – B.33(1/3)%
% increase = [240-180/180]*100
= 60*100/180 = 100/3 = 33(1/3)%
- The total income of all three companies together was minimum in which of the following years ?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.2005
2005 = 480
2006 = 600
2007 = 840
2008 = 660
2009 = 620
2010 = 520
- In which year was the % increase in the income of Company C from the previous year maximum ?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.2006
2006 = [220-160/160]*100 = 37.5%
2007 = [300-220/220]*100 = 36.36%
2008 =[300-240/300]*100 = 20% decrease
2009 => no change
2010 =[220-200/200]*100 = 10%
- What is the ratio of total income of all three companies in 2005 to that in 2006 ?
E.None of theseAnswer – A.4:5
2005 = 140+180+160 = 480
2006 = 200+180+220 = 600
480:600 = 4:5
- The income of Company C in 2008 is what % of income of Company B in 2009 ?
E.None of theseAnswer – A.83.33%
% = 200*100/240 = 83.33%