Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Averages, which is common for all the IBPS, SBI exam and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- The average age of a husband and his wife was 25 years when they were married 7 years ago. Now the average age of husband, wife and his son is 23 years. Find the age of son now.
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.5yr
(h+w – 14)/2 = 25
H+w = 64
Now, (h+w+s)/3 = 23
S = 69-64 = 5 years
- The average of 10 reading is 25.5. In this the average of first three is 20 and the next four is 26. If the eight reading is 5 less than the night one and also 8 less than the tenth one, then find the eight reading?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.26
sum of all ten reading = 255
sum of first three = 60 and sum of next 4 = 104.
Sum of 8th, 9th and 10th reading = 91 = 3*x + 13
X = 26
- The average of first and second number is 25 more than the average off the second and third number. Find the difference between the first and the third number
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.50
(a+b)/2 = 25 + (b+c/2)
- In a hostel there are 30 students and if the number of students increased by 5 then the expense is increased by 40 per day. But the average expenditure diminishes by 3. Find the original expenditure.
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.870
Let average expenditure be P.
(30*P + 40)/35 = P-3
P = 29. So expenditure = 29*30 = 870
- The average age of a class is 19 years. While the average age of boys is 20 and the average age of girls is 17. If the number of boys is 20 then find the number of girls in the class
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.10
Average of class = 19 = Sum/(b+g)
sum (girls) = g*17
sum (boys) = b*20
19b + 19g = 17g + 20b
2g = b = 20. So girls = 10
- The average age of a family of 4 members 3 years ago is 21 years. A baby is born and now the average age of the family is same as before. Find the age of baby.
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.9yrs
(X-12)/4 = 21
X = 96. Now, (96+baby)/5 = 21
Baby = 9yrs
- The average height of 50 students in a class is 165cm. On a particular day, three students P,Q and R are absent, so the average of the remaining students becomes 163cm. If the height of P and Q is equal and height of R is 2 cm less than P, then find the height of P.
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.197
sum of height (50) = 50*165 = 8250
sum of height (47) = 47*163 = 7661
sum of the height of P, Q and R = 8250-7661 = 589
P+P+P-2 = 589 (as height of P is equal to Q and height of R = P -2)
P = 197
- The average age of a committee of 12 members is 48 years. A member of the committee age 62 retired and in place of him a new person aged 26 joined the committee. Find the new average of the committee.
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.45
Total age of committee = 48*12
new total age of committee = (48*12 – 62 + 26)/12 = 45
- The average weight of 12 people gets increased by 3.5kg when a person weighs 56 kg got replaced by another man. Find the weight of the new man
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.98kg
Let the weight of new man is x kg.
(12p – 56 + x)/12 = p + 3.5 [12p is the total weight of 12 people]
X = 98kg
- In an examination the average marks of risha is 74. If she got 16 more marks in hindi and 20 more marks in English then her average would have been 78. Find the total number of subjects he studied?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.9
Let total subjects are P.
Then, (74p + 20 + 16)/p = 78
So, P = 9