Melbourne based Sajeev Koshy, a dentist by profession, has been honoured with the highest civilian honour, the Order of Australia to recognise his services to dentistry in Victoria, Australia. He hails from Kerala.
- Interestingly, Republic Day of India coincides on the same date on which Australia celebrates Australia Day i.e. January 26.
About Sajeev Koshy:
- Koshy served as the President of the Indian Dental Association.
- He also served as the President of the Kerala Dental Council.
- Dr Koshy performed his duties as the Federal Secretary of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Endodontists Inc.
- Presently he is the head of the endodontics at the Royal Melbourne Dental Hospital, which is the teaching hospital for the University of Melbourne.
- He has been to several roles like Senior Specialist Endodontist, Plenty Valley Community Health, Director of Dental Service and Boort District Health Services.
In 2007 he became the first recipient of Victoria’s Public Healthcare Award.
In 2012 he was conferred with Victoria’s Multicultural Award for Excellence.
About Order of Australia:
The Order of Australia is an order of chivalry established on 14 February 1975 by Elizabeth II, Queen of Australia.
- This award recognises the Australian citizens and other persons for achievement or meritorious service.
- Before the establishment of the order, Australian citizens would receive British honours.