On 3rd May 2015,President Mr Pranab Mukerjee, gave away 62nd National Film Awards at a grand ceremony held in New Delhi.The ceremony was attended by great talents representing the Indian film industry.
Yester year actor Shashi Kapoor, honoured with the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke award, could not attend the ceremony and he would be honoured later in Mumbai.
Chk this complete list – https://affairscloud.com/62nd-national-film-awards-an-overview/
- The grand award ceremony was attended by talents from Bollywood along with regional film industries people of Bengali,Assamese,Tamil,Telugu,
Marathi and Punjabi etc.
- 45 awards were presented to people in feature film categories and 21 awards to people from non feature film categories.
- The ceremony saw performances from Sukhwinder Singh, who won the Best Male Playback singer award for the song ‘Bismil’ from ‘Haider’, and Uttara Unnikrishnan who bagged the Best Playback Female singer for the song ‘Azhagu’ from tamil film ‘Saivam’.
- A special film on Shashi Kapoor was shown on the occasion and Pallavi Joshi and Rajat Kapoor were the hosts.
- President Mr Pranob Mukerjee conveyed his wishes to Shashi Kapoor, who was not well.
- He said that legend Shashi Kapoor’s contribution to cinema has been tremendous and the actors growth from a child artiste to a flamboyant hero was highly amasing.
- The Best Male Actor award went to actor vijay for his amasing performance in kannada movie ”Naan Avanalla Avalu”, where he played a women trapped in body of a male.
- Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut, was given Best Female Actress award.
- Finance Minister Mr Arun Jaitley and Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Mr Rajyavardhan Rathore attended the grand award function.
About Dadasaheb Phalke Award
- It is the highest award in cinema.
- This award is given at National Film Awards ceremony for those responsible for outstanding contributions to the growth and development of Indian cinema.
- The award was first instituted in the year 1969.
- The award was to commemorate Dadasaheb Phalke contribution towards Indian cinema.
- Dadasaheb Phalke was popularly known as father of indian cinema.
- First recipient of this award was Devika rani in 1969.