Venue: Messe Frankfurt, Germany
The 49th Annual General Meeting of ADB is being held from May 2-5 at Frankfurt, Germany.
The Asian Development Outlook 2016 predicts the growth rates to 5.7% each in 2016 and 2017, from 5.9% projected last year.
Participants on theme ‘Asian Economic Outlook – 2016
- ADB President Takehiko Nakao
- Indonesia Finance Minister Bambang PS Brodjonegoro
- Pakistan Finance Minister Mohammad Ishaq Dar
- Regional Head for Greater China and ASEAN
- Commerzbank AG, Agnes Vargas
- Indian Finance Minister Arun Jaitley
Participation from India:
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley representing India along with Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das and departure to Germany on 3rd May 2016.
- FinMin Focus: Performance of the Indian economy and highlight micro and macroeconomic indicators of the economy
- FinMin Agenda: Co-operation with ADB in development
- Finance Ministry will have a bilateral Meeting with Hans-Joachim Fuchtel, Parliamentary State Secretary to German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- Meet Lyonpo Namgay Dorji, Finance Minister of Bhutan to discuss economic assistance packages from India to Bhutan and progress of hydropower projects funded by India
- Attend roundtable and bi-lateral meetings, including interaction with Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation President and CEO Takeshi Kunibe.