Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal laid the foundation stone for underground cabling work under Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) in Varanasi. The Ministry has sanctioned Rs. 432 crores for the project.
Kashi-IPDS Mobile App:
- The minister also launched Kashi-IPDS Mobile App for project monitoring of IPDS activities in Old-Kashi in a transparent manner.
- The App will provide details of plan, progress of various activities, the proposed timelines, area-wise work plan etc. for better information dissemination.
Under Ground Cables Conversion:
- The IPDS Scheme covers conversion of overhead lines to Underground cables, establishment of 2 new 33 Kv Sub-stations and augmentation of 11 nos. existing Sub-stations.
- Projects worth Rs 24,838 crore, covering 3486 towns have been approved so far under IPDS of which projects worth Rs. 4722 crore for 247 circles covering 637 towns have been sanctioned for Uttar Pradesh.
Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS)
- Under this scheme, the State Governments with the support of the Central Government will attempt to ensure 24/7 power for all
- Under the ambit of the scheme all Distribution Companies including the Private players as well as the State Power Departments, will be eligible for financial assistance.