The United Nations Postal Administration (UNPA) had released a set of six dedicatory stamps on Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) issue. This is the first time the global body’s post office had released the stamps with an LGBT theme.
Objective :To promote awareness and global education about the equality of LGBT.
- The stamps are released to promoteequality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT).
- The plan is headed by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR).
- The stamps were disclosed at the U.N. General Assembly and are available to purchase online.
- The stamps support the UN human rights office’s Free & Equal campaign.
- Last month India had started first radio taxi service for the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT). This was the India’s initiative to empower LGBT society in the country.
- Such sort of launches will reduce the crimes against the homosexuality and to promote fair treatment with the LGBT community in the world.
About LGBT Issues
- Employment discrimination- LGBT are unfairly treated in every field like education, employment, society etc
- Violence – Society doesn’t treat LSBT in a fair manner and daily cases of violence among them are commonly found.
- Health care- In our society LGBT is Social and systematic discrimination and they are not able to access adequate health care.
- Art director of UNPA – Sergio Baradat
- Headquarters of UN – New York, Geneva