Union of European Football Associations named Theodore Theodoridis as interim general secretary, this decision is taken at the Executive committee meeting at their headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.
- The Greek Based Administrator comes after Gianni Infantino left the role to become the new president of FIFA.
- Theodoridis cannot permanently take over take over the post at UEFA until Gianni’s future is decided.
- UEFA executive committee reconfirmed its decision of January that no UEFA presidential elections will be scheduled until a result has been made by the Court of Arbitration for Sport on Michel Platini’s appeal.
Theodoridis joined UEFA in 2008 and has been in charge of relations with European Associations.
Union of European Football Associations:
- It is the administrative body for association football in Europe.
- UEFA organises various football tournaments UEFA European Championship, UEFA Champions League, Europe League, and UEFA Super Cup.
- Football governing body founded in 15 June 1954, has 54 full member associations membership in the body.
- The UEFA Executive body is UEFA’s Supreme Executive body. It comprises the UEFA President and 15 elected by UEFA congress.