Two important projects were inaugurated on November 15 under Swadesh Darshan Scheme of Ministry of Tourism, Government of India at PTSO Lake in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh.
These projects are launched as a part of Development of North East Circuit:
- Bhalukpong – Bomdila – Tawang Project:It was sanctioned by Ministry of tourism in March 2015 for Rs. 49.77 Crores.
- Nafra – Seppa – Pappu, Pasa, Pakke Valley – Sangdupota – New Sagalee – Ziro – Yomcha Project: It was sanctioned by Ministry of Tourism in December 2015 for Rs. 97.14 Crores.
These projects were jointly inaugurated by Union Minister of tourism, Mr. K.J. Alphons, Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, Mr. Pema Khandu and Minister of tourism, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Mr. Jarkar Gamlin.
Swadesh Darshan Scheme
India has a rich Cultural, Historical, Natural and Religious heritage which provides a huge potential for development of tourism in the country. So Swadesh Darshan Scheme was launched with an objective to develop theme based tourist circuits in India. These tourist circuits will attract international and national tourists and provide jobs to thousands of people. 13 Thematic Circuits have been identified for development under this scheme. These are North- East India Circuit, Himalaya Circuit, Coastal Circuit, Desert Circuit, Rural Circuit, Buddhist Circuit, Krishna Circuit, Tribal Circuit, Spiritual Circuit, Ramayana Circuit, Heritage Circuit, Eco Circuit and Wildlife Circuit. Rs. 959.91 Crore has been allocated in this year’s Union Budget for Development of tourist circuits under Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
- Swadesh Darshan is one of the flagship project of tourism ministry and till date 73 Projects worth Rs 5874 Crore has been sanctioned to different states and UTs.
- For Development of Tourism Infrastructure in North East States, Ministry of tourism has sanctioned 16 Projects worth Rs. 1349 under Swadesh Darshan and PRASAD (Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Augmentation Drive) Scheme.
- Two Coastal Circuits were inaugurated earlier in September 2018 in Andhra Pradesh under Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
- 1.69 lakh foreign tourist visits during 2017 as against 1.45 lakh in 2016 registering a growth of 16.7% over 2016.
- Domestic Tourist Visits reached to 95.47 lakhs in the year 2017 against 77.71 lakhs registering impressive double digit growth of 22.8% over 2016.
Important Static Points
♦ Swadesh Darshan Scheme was launched in 2015
♦ Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh – Shri Pema Khandu
♦ Governor of Arunachal Pradesh – Shri B.D. Mishra
♦ Popular folk dance of Arunachal Pradesh – Bardo Chham
♦ Union Minister of Tourism Mr. K.J. Alphons