In the recently released survey by travel website TripAdvisor, three Indian beaches have been listed in the top 10 “Asia’s Travellers Choice Award Winning Beaches”.
- Goan beaches Agonda and Palolem & Radhanagar on the Havelock Island in the Andaman have made their mark in the top 10 beaches in Asia favoured by travellers.
- On the other hand, Grace Bay beach in Caribbean has topped as the world’s number one traveller’s choice beach, followed by Baia do Sancho beach in Brazil and Playa Paraiso beach in Cuba.
The ranking has been made on the premises of the quantity and quality of traveller reviews and ratings on the TripAdvisor website gathered over a period of 12 months.
About Indian beaches ranked in the list:
- Agonda beach (Goa) – It has been ranked at 4th position for being wide, quiet, picturesque and a great spot for sunbathing and relaxing with relatively few tourists around.
- Palolem beach (Goa) – It has been ranked 8th position for its beach hut accommodations, lined with towering coconut palms and is largely unspoiled.
- Radhanagar Beach (Andaman) – Located on the Havelock Island in the Andamans has been placed at 10th position for its stretch of white sand with picture perfect waters lined with palm trees.
Here is the list of top 10 beaches
|6||Nai Harn beach||Thailand|
TripAdvisor is an American travel website company providing reviews of travel-related content.
- Founded – February 2000
- Headquarters – Massachusetts, US
- CEO – Stephen Kaufer