Additional Secretary of Department of Economic Affairs, Dinesh Sharma has been accredited as the Chairperson of the Governing Council of International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD), Rome. He is elected for a period of two years.
- The decision in this regard has been taken during the 39th session of the governing council held in Rome, Italy.
- Prior to the designation of chairman he was serving as the India’s Governor to the International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD).
About International Fund for Agriculture Development
Established in 1977, it is the 13th Specialised Agency of the United Nations and works towards the eradication of poverty and hunger in rural areas all over the world.
- India is a founder member of IFAD and a key contributor among the member countries.
- IFAD is managed by the two governing bodies – Governing Council and the Executive Board. The Governing Council is the highest decision making body and consists of 176 member countries.
It has sharp focus on inclusive growth and on the investments required to meet the Sustainable Development Goals in the area of removing poverty and hunger.
- Capital – Rome
- Currency – Euro
- PM – Matteo Renzi
- President – Sergio Mattarella
- Nickname Rome – “The City of the Seven Hills”
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification