Tezpur University won the annual Visitor’s Award for the Best University. Rakesh Bhatnagar and the Molecular Parasitology Group of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) have also won the Visitor’s Awards for Research and Innovation respectively.
Visitor’s Award for Innovation:
Professor Rakesh Bhatnagar of Jawaharlal Nehru University for development of a genetically engineered vaccine and a therapeutic antibody against anthrax
The Visitor’s Award for Research:
The Molecular Parasitology Group of Jawaharlal Nehru University of pioneering work in the area of molecular parasitology, especially anti-malaria, leishmaniasis and amoebiasis
- The Best University will receive a Citation and Trophy while winners of Visitor’s Award for Innovation and Research will receive a citation and cash award of one lakh rupees
- President Pranab Mukherjee will present Visitor’s Awards for 2016 to the winners at a function to be held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on 14 March 2016
- A Selection Committee headed by Omita Paul, Secretary to the President and with Secretaries of Department of Higher Education and Department of Science & Technology as members chose the winners of the Awards
- The institution of Visitor’s Awards for Central Universities was announced by President Pranab Mukherjee at the Vice Chancellors’ Conference 2014
- The awards were instituted with an aim of promoting healthy competition amongst Central Universities and motivating them to adopt best practices from across the world.