The NITI Aayog as a part of International Women’s Day launched the Women Transforming India initiative in partnership with the UN in India and MyGov.
Empowerment through essays:
NITI Aayog seeks for entries in the form of written essays/stories. These stories should reflect new ground broken by women in empowering themselves/others, or of challenging stereotypes.
Features of the Campaign
- To encourage and recognize women who have made a difference, particularly, by demonstrating leadership in the economic, socio-cultural and environmental front.
- To encourage the stories of change fostered through the setting up of small businesses/enterprises to generate livelihood opportunities for communities, challenging discriminatory practices/norms, or preserving the environment and responding to challenges of climate change.
- To identify successes in leading change achieved either through the use of technology or by employing innovating on-ground
- It will also sensitize citizens to gender issues and seek to promote gender equity and equality, through a variety of media.
- Women Transforming India is consistent with the government’s renewed commitment to advancing gender equality
Schemes to support women
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojana and
- Janani Suraksha Yojana