Ministry: Women & Child Development
Inaugurated by: Union Minister Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
Venue: Shillong, Meghalaya
Delegates: Minister In-Charge of Social Welfare and Women & Child Development in the Northern States
Organised by: Central Adoption Resource Authority under Women & Child Development Ministry
- Problems faced by the Children should be viewed with more priority and empathy
- All the Child Care institutions must be registered under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015
- Agencies should bring children to adoptable stage at spur of the moment and also medical reports and home study reports are concise and at ready reference.
- Advising them to fix the maximum age limit for adoption of children and remain at alert on trafficking of children
Highlights of steps towards Women
- Mahila Police Volunteer schemes – prevent crimes against women
- Alert button in Cell phones
- Mahila E Haat- Digital marketing Market
North Eastern States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura participated in the conference.
Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launched Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme in additional 61 districts
In addition to the existing 100 districts of the country with low child sex ratio, now it is extended for additional 61 districts which was launched by Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, Union Minister of women and Child Development.
About the Scheme
- Launched by and on: Shri. Narendra Modi, 22nd January 2015
- Features: Increasing the Sex Ratio at Birth
- Reducing School Dropout rate
- Gudda-Guddi Boards in every village
- Security for girls/women
- Bathroom facility for girls in school