SIERRA ODC building of Coimbatore-based IT Solutions Company has been recognised as the world’s second highest ranking Green Building, with a score of 103 out of 110 under Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
More Details about SIERRA ODC Building:
SIERRA ODC Building has been designed and constructed with an emphasis on increasing the efficiency of energy, water or materials that were used, while reducing its impact on human health and the environment through its entire lifecycle.
- On account of water saving fixtures and measures to curb wastage, the building is having water use efficiency of 89%. Moreover water is recycled 100%.
- SIERRA ODC is carbon-neutral building and has registered a cost saving of 64% on energy.
- Nearly Rs. 25 lakh has been spent on installing solar panels.
- This is the first building in South India, where Amorphous Silicon Thin Building Vortec technology has been implemented. Due to this technology, photovoltaic modules produce power at low cost per watt.
- SIERRA ODC has bagged the LEED Platinum certificate after scoring 103 out of 110 points.
- To promote the benefits of green building, SIERRA ODC is in the process of establishing an on-site green learning centre where students, social enthusiasts, industry experts and the general public can learn the benefits and also consider applying certain strategies at home and work.
Green Building Concept:
A building that has been designed, constructed and maintained by following processes that are environmentally responsibleand resource-efficient is referred to as Green Building.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design(LEED) is a set of rating systems for the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of green buildings which was developed by the S. Green Building Council.
- Globally, 38,000 of 90,000 green buildings have already been certified in 164 countries.