Well-known UP hailed singer Shubha Mudgal named for 23rd Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavna Award for her exceptional contribution in the areas of communal harmony, peace and goodwill.
♦ The singer will be presented with the award on Sadbhavna Diwas Day on August 20. She was chosen by the Advisory Committee of the Award.
Shubha is Allahabad hailed popular singer of Hindustani classical music, Thumri, Khayal, Dadra and popular Indian pop music.
- Shubha received numerous awards, including the Padma Shri from the Government of India in the year 2000, and the Gold Plaque Award in 1998, and the UP-Yash Bharati Sammanin 2015.
- She was also a Nana Shirgaokar Visiting Research Professor for traditional music at Goa University.
Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award
- The award was instituted by All India Congress Committee of the Indian National Congress Party in 1992 given to eminent persons for their contribution in communal harmony, national integration and peace.
- The award is given to commemorate the former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi for his lasting contribution to the nation.
- The award carries a citation and a cash award of 10 lakh rupees.