Former Board of Control for Cricket in India president Shashank Manohar has been elected unanimously as the first Independent chairman of the International Cricket Council.
Tenure: Two Year
- He quits the BCCI President and made him eligible to contest for the ICC chairman Post.
- Mr Manohar contests as sole nominee for the position and the Board unanimously selected as ICC chairman. Independent Audit Committee Chairman, Mr. Adnan Zaidi declared the election.
- Excellent Indian Lawyer
- Served as BCCI President two terms after succession of Jagmohan Dalmiya
- After selection, he expressed that he honoured to be elected as ICC chairman and thanked all the ICC directors.
ICC Chairman and Full Council unanimously approved various amendments to the ICC’s constitution.
- The amendments included the abolishment of the President’s post with effect from the 2016 ICC Annual Conference in Edinburgh.
- Manohar encouraged cleaning Indian cricket in the wake of the IPL spot fixing scandal, resigned from the BCCI top post barely seven months into his tenure
Ultimate Objective of the ICC Chairman:
- To grow our sport and engage a whole new generation of fans
- To working with all stakeholders to shape the future of cricket, which has a proud history and rich tradition
ICC – Council
- Chairman – Shashank Manohar
- 10 Full Members, 38 Associate Members and 57 Affiliate Members
International governing body of cricket
- Headquarters: United Arab Emirates
- CEO: Dave Richardson
- President: Zaheer Abbas
- Founded: June 15, 1909
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification