FORBES LIST MOST POWER WOMEN 2015
latest SBI CMD RANK# 30__ Arundhathi bhattacharya, RANK # 35 __ Chanda kochar
1.Forbes-India home to 56 of the world’s 2,000 powerful companies
Reliance Industries is ranked- 142
State Bank of India, ranked- 152
2.Forbes Power Businesswomen
Forbes said Bhattacharya, 58*, is referred to as the “first lady of Indian banking” and as chair of the Indian behemoth with 225 million customers and assets of USD 300 billion, the “SBI lifer” has had her hands full addressing bad loans and shoring up the bank’s capital.
NOTE — chandakochar -53*
3.SBI FINACIAL INCLUSION 2015-16 _
Country’s largest public sector lender SBI has been provided with the maximum capital infusion of Rs 2,970 crore
4.SBI is the first major bank to cut its base lending _
State Bank of India, the country’s top lender, will reduce its base lending rate by 15 basis points to 9.85 percent.
5.SBI and Amazon _ announce a strategic partnership to transform how India shops and sells.
6.PAY-PAL__State Bank of India announces partnership with PayPal
SBI’s Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) customers to gain access to PayPal’s secure payment solutions.
NOTE __ *PAY-PAL – CREDIT CARD /*PAY-NET – DEBIT CARD
7. SBI _ Capital Assist Program
SBI enters into agreement with Snapdeal for Seller Financing under Snapdeal.
8.State Bank of India (SBI)–ASSAM & NE states
SBI will provide finance totalling Rs. 100 crore benefiting 3,000 small tea growers in the North East region soon.
9.SBI–contactless debit and credit cards__
State Bank of India has launched contactless debit and credit cards that enable users to make payments by waiving or tapping the card near the card reader instead of swiping or dipping it, reports Our Bureau.
10.SBI-FEDERAL BANK _ Co-branded credit cards __
Federal Bank & SBI forayed into the credit card segment through the launch of co-branded credit cards in partnership with SBI Cards, a leading credit card issuer.
11.SBI launches RuPay platinum debit card with NPCI_
State Bank of India launched a RuPay platinum debit card in association with National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). The RuPay card comes with a special feature for the convenience of customers that is accepted at all payment channels-ATMs, PoS and e-commerce.
12.SBI- CITI BANK__ Air India may tie up with SBI, Citibank to raise funds through ECB
13.SBI-home loan rates for women_ which offer loans to women at 9.85 percent
14.SBI-INTOUCH_DIGITAL SERVICE launched in delhi , chennai, bangulure,mumbai.
15.SBI- COUNTRY first bank to set-up payment gateways to entire govt entities & small trades in online market.
16.SBI -launched digital banking facilities . e-KYC , tab banking for customers.
17.SBI started accounts on_twitter , youtube , facebook
18.SBI ACHIEVED -IBA Banking Technology Awards – 2014
- BEST USE OF MOBILITY TECHNOLOGY
- BEST USE OF TECHNOLOGY IN FINANCIAL INCLUSION
- BEST USE OF TECHNOLOGY FOR E-LEARNING AND TRAINING
- BEST CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT
- BEST USE OF TECHNOLOGY IN BI
- BEST INTERNET BANK
- BEST USE OF TECHNOLOGY IN PAYMENT SYSTEM
19.RANSTAND AWARD 2014 — SBI
20.SBI sold out — 3500 crores to ARCs
21.SBI raised — 8032 crores by shelling shares to by QIP
22.SBI – CMS info TIE TO SETUP — 700 atms CMS –deploy (NAUTILAUS HYSOUNG ATMS)
23.SBI touches NPAs — 27% , 67999 crores
24.SBI rank in fortune 500 companies 2014 __155
25.SBI – CMD arundhati bhattacharya ranked —36 –forbes most powerful women 2014
Programs launched by SBI recently:
- SBI mCash: Enables you to transfer money to anyone by just knowing their mobile number or e-mail ID, irrespective of whether they bank with SBI or not.
- Quick Transfer: Enables you to send upto Rs. 5000/- to anyone through mobile banking without registration of beneficiary.
- SBI Quick: Access basic banking services through a simple Missed Call or an SMS.
- Online Overdraft against Fixed Deposit: Provides instant overdraft facility against e-TDR/e-STDR through Internet Banking.
- Online Loan against shares: This online facility enables you to apply for loan against shares which are held in your Demat Account of SBI Cap Securities. The whole processing is fully automated and the loan amount gets credited to your account without any visits to the branch.
- Online Loan Application Portal: A platform to apply forHome/Car/Education/Personal loans. Also enables you to check your loan eligibility and get instant e-approval.
- Digital Banking Outlets: Experience state-of-the-art digital banking at “sbiINTOUCHLite” branches already live at select centres. They propose to scale up the numbers during the current year.
- Tie up with m-Commerce/e-Commerce players: The Bank has entered into MoUs with leading e-commerce players like Amazon & Snapdeal to explore ways to make our shopping experience smoother and happier. They are running very exciting and attractive cash back deals from time to time.
- SBI e-corners: 24 X 7 facilities to deposit, withdraw, transfer money, update passbook and use host of other facilities.
- Contactless Debit Card: Enables you to make fast, convenient and secure payment for everyday purchases by simply tapping your card.
- State Bank Tech Learning Centre: Equips you to take advantage of the latest technology at SBI through interactive learning programmes held across the country. Also, can view tutorials on various functionalities by visiting their page on You Tube.
- SBI partners with MakeMyTrip for travel biz In its series of digital initiatives and tie-ups, State Bank of India, country’s largest bank, partnered with online travel company MakeMyTrip.com to capitalise on the business opportunities of the booming e-commerce and m-commerce ecosystem.