- RBI has issued Rs.100 notes in the Mahatma Gandhi Series-2005 with new numbering pattern.
- According to new number pattern, the numbers of both the number panels of Rs.100 notes will be arranged in ascending size from left to right.
- But the first three alphanumeric numerical characters will remain constant in size.
Advantage of new numbering system on notes:-
- Ascending size of numerals in both the numbering panel of bank note is more for a security feature so that the general public can easily distinguish a fake note from a genuine one.
- The new numbering pattern will be introduced for all other denominations too in a phased manner.
- RBI has cleared about all banknotes in the denomination of Rs 100 issued by the bank in the past, will continue to be legal tender.
Some Interesting facts about 100Rs notes:-
- 100Rs was a denomination notes of Indian currency has been produced by RBI since 1923.
- The first Indian 100 RS notes was having a portrait of king.
- After independence, 1947 the portrait was replaced with Emblem of India, the Lion Capital of Sarnath (Bharat ka Pratik).
- Later on June 1996, Mahatma Gandhi image was replaced and still continuing.