America based space Company Blue Origin successfully accomplished the third launch and vertical landing of its reusable New Shepard rocket, the BE-3 engine used to land the Rocket back at the company’s testing site in Texas.
- The unmanned crew capsule also landed safely, using parachutes, The breakthroughs by Blue Origin and parallel efforts by rival Internet mogul Elon Musk’s SpaceX open up the potential for cutting costs for Space travel and making rockets as reusable as airplanes.
- In November, Bezos the founder of amazon called the accomplishment a game-changer which opens the door to lower costs in space travel and his vision of people living and working in space.
- The engine that powers the pocket restarted at 3,635 feet (1,108 meters) above ground level and ramped fast for a successful landing.
- The New Shepard can reach an altitude of 333,000 feet, considered the boundary between Earth’s atmosphere and space.
- Blue Originis an American aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company headquartered in Kent, Washington.
- The Company funded by Amazon.comfounder Jeff Bezos, Blue Origin has contracted to do work for NASA on several development efforts.