Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Time Sequence, which is common for all the competitive exams!!!!
Directions(1-4): Symbols represent time in a clock as:
‘$’ – Either the hour or minute hand of clock on 6
‘@’ – Either the hour or minute hand of clock on 10
‘%’ – Either the hour or minute hand of clock on 7
‘!’ – Either the hour or minute hand of clock on 8
‘&’ – Either the hour or minute hand of clock on 9
Example: %! – 35 minutes 8 hours: First symbol represents minutes and the second symbol represents hours.
- A bus for Delhi leaves every thirty minutes. An enquiry clerk told the passenger that the bus had already left 15 minutes ago and the next bus will leave at &@ AM. At what time clerk give the information to the passenger?
C. [email protected]
D. [email protected]
E. None of theseAnswer – C. [email protected]
At 10:45 am next bus leaves it means previous bus leaves at 10:15 am and clerk inform the passenger at 10:30 am.
- The distance between two stations P and Q is 110 km; A train with speed of 20 kmph leaves station P at % am towards station Q Another train with the speed of 25 kmph leaves station Q at ! am towards station P Then, at what time both trains meet?
E. None of theseAnswer – B. @
d = 110 km, t = 8 -7 = 1hr
a = 20 kmph; b = 25 kmph
T = (d + tb / a + b) = 135/145 = 3 hrs
Train will meet at 7:00 + 3 hrs = 10:00 AM
- Without stoppage, the speed of a train is 48kmph and with stoppage, it is 40 kmph. For how many minutes, does the train stop per hour?
E. None of theseAnswer – B. @
Time = 48 – 40/48 = 1/6 * 60 = 10 min
- Two trains of equal lengths take 2m and 4m respectively to cross a pole. If these trains are moving in the same direction. then how long will they take to cross each other?
E. None of theseAnswer – D. !
Time = 2*t1*t2/(t2-t1) = 2*2*4/2 = 8 min
Directions(5 – 10): Symbols represent a date:
‘#’ – Either the month or date is 8
‘^’ – Either the month or date is 9
‘%’ – Either the month or date is 11
‘@’ – Either the month or date is 3
‘&’ – Either the month or date is 10
Example: @# – March 8
- Shree remembers that her mother’s birthday was certainly after #th but before 13th of @. Her sister Neha remembers that their mother’s birthday was definitely after ^th but before %th of @. On which date of March was their mother’s birthday?
C. Either & or %
D. Can’t be determined
E. None of theseAnswer – A. &
Explanation – Shree => 9, 10, 11, 12
Neha => 10
- Deepa correctly remembers that her Brother’s birthday is before @% but after @#, whereas her mother correctly remembers that their Brother’s birthday is after @ but before ^ but it was an even date. On which day in @ is definitely their Brother’s birthday?
E.None of theseAnswer -A. #
Deepa: 8 9 10
Mother: 4 5 6 7 8
Even number 8, Hence his Brother’s birthday on March 8
- According to Ram’s mother, Ram Joined the tuition after #@, but before #%. According to Ram’s Father, He joined the tuition after #. On which date did Ram join the School?(Date should be even number)
E. None of theseAnswer – D. &
Mother: 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Father: 9 10 11
10 – Even number
- Anish’s mother remembers that her wedding day before #. According to her brother after @. Anish wedding day on which date?(Date should be odd number)
D. Either 5 or 7
E. Either 7 or 9Answer – D. Either 5 or 7
Mother & Brother: 4 5 6 7
- Rahul correctly remembers that his mother Anu’s birthday comes after %^ and before 16th. Navin remembers that his Aunt birthday comes before 15th. Sonia who is the daughter of Asha remembers that her mother’s birthday occurs after 13th and before 19th. Find the day on which Asha’s birthday occurs?
E. None of theseAnswer – C. 14
14 is common in all the cases
- Kamala remembers that his sister Asha birthday falls after %@ but before %^, while Rani remembers that her sister’s Asha birthday falls before %#. On what date Asha’s birthday falls?(Date should be multiple of five)
E. None of theseAnswer – A. 5
4 5 6 7- birthday should be on 5th