Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from Syllogism with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
Questions Penned by Yogit
- Statements: –No cat is rat. All rats are dog. Some dog are lion.
Conclusions: 1) No cat is lion 2) No dog is a rat. 3) Some dog is rat is a possibility. 4) At least some lions are cat.
a) Either 1 or 2 and 3 follows
b) Either 1 or 4 follow
c) Either 1 or 4 and 3 follow
d) all followsAnswer – b) Either 1 or 4 follow
Solution: No cat is a lion or at least some lions are cat. Either case so, always true
- Statements: All pens are eraser. Some erasers are pencil. Some pencils are ink.
Conclusions: 1) Some ink are eraser. 2) Some pencil are pen. 3) No pen is pencil.
a) Either 1 or 2 follow
b) Either 2 or 3 follow
c) Either 1 or 3 follow
d) All followAnswer – b) Either 2 or 3 follow
- Statements: All A are B. Some B are C. All C are D.
Conclusions: – 1) All D are C. 2) All D are A. 3) Some D are B.
a) Only 1 follow
b) Only 2 follow
c) Only 3 follow
d) all follow.Answer – c) Only 3 follow
- Statements: All trees are river. All mountains are trees. All branches are mountains.
Conclusions: 1) Some trees are branches 2) Some river are not mountain 3) All trees are mountain.
a) Only 1 follow
b) Both 1 and 2 follow
c) only 3 follow
d) Both 1 and 3 followAnswer –a) Only 1 follow
- Statements: Some brakes are clutch. No clutch is horn. All light are horns.
Conclusions: 1) some light are clutch 2) some brakes are horn 3) Some lights are brakes
a) Only 1 follows
b) only 2 follow
3) Both 2 and 3 follow
4) None followsAnswer –4) None follows
- Statements: All tables are chair. Some plates are table. All glasses are plates.
Conclusions: 1) All glasses are chairs. 2) Some glasses are table 3) All plates are chairs.
a) Both 1 and 2 follow
b) Both 1 and 3 follow
c) None follow
d) all followsAnswer – c) None follow
- 7) Statements: Some black are white. All blue are green. All white are blue.
Conclusions: 1) Some black are blue 2) All blue are white 3) All green are black 4) All blue are black.
a) Only 2 follow
b) Only 3 follow
c) Either 2 or 3 and 1 and 4 follow
d) None of theseAnswer –d) None of these
Solution:Only one follows, hence none of these.
- Statement: – No P is Q. All Q are S. Some R are S.
Conclusions: 1) All R being P is a possibility. 2) All S being R is a possibility.
1) Both follow
2) Only 1 follow
3) only 2 follow
4) none of theseAnswer –1) Both follow
- Statements: Some bananas are apple. Some guavas are apples. Some grapes are guava.
Conclusion: 1) Some bananas are definitely grapes. 2) Some grapes being apple is a possibility 3) All apples being banana is a possibility.
1) Both 1 and 2 follow
2) Only 2 follow
3) Both 2 and 3 follows
4) None followsAnswer –3) Both 2 and 3 follows
- Statements: some flowers are lily. Some flowers are rose .some flowers are lotus.
Conclusions: 1) All lily being rose is a possibility 2) Some lily can be lotus.
1) Only 1 follow
2) Only 2 follow
3) Both follow
4) none followAnswer – 3) Both follow
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to any chapter, you can share here.