Welcome to Online Reasoning Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating Best question samples from Seating Arrangements with explanation, which is common for competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
I. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Ten persons from different cities viz. Delhi, Jaipur, Patna, Indore, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Ranchi and Surat are sitting in two parallel rows containing five people each, in such a way that there is an equal distance between adjacent persons. In row 1- A, B, C, D and E are seated and all of them are facing south. In row-2 P, Q, R, S and T are seated and all of them are facing north. Therefore in the given seating arrangement, each
member seated in a row faces another member of the other row.(All the information given above does not necessarily represent the order of seating in the final arrangement.)
- P faces one of the immediate neighbours of the person from Jaipur. P does not face A. The person from Delhi sits second to the right of the person from Bengaluru.
- D faces one of the immediate neighbours of the person from Patna. S is not from Patna. D is not from Mumbai. R sits second to the left of the persons from Surat. A sits third to the right of person from Chennai.
- Only One person sits between the person from Ranchi and Q. The person from Indore sits to the immediate right of Q. C sits to the immediate left of the person who faces Q. Only two people sit between B and E.
- The person from Mumbai sits second to the right of the one who faces S. S does not sit at an extreme end of the line. One of the immediate neighbours of the person from Mumbai faces Ranchi.
- Who amongst the following faces the person from Hyderabad?
A. The person from Delhi
C. The person from Chennai
D. The person from Ranchi
E. B or EAnswer – E. B or E
- T is from which of the following cities?
E. MumbaiAnswer – C. Hyderabad
- Which of the following is true regarding C?
A. C sits an extreme end of the line
B. None of the given options is true
C. C is from Bengaluru
D. The person from Indore faces C
E. The person from Hyderabad is an immediate neighbour of CAnswer – D. The person from Indore faces C
- R is related to Indore in the same way as C is related to Jaipur based on the given arrangement, To who amongst the following is T related to the following same pattern?
E. RanchiAnswer – C. Patna
- Who amongst the following sit at extreme end of the row?
A. The person from Delhi and R
B. The persons from Bengaluru and A
C. A and the person from Patna
D. The persons from Chennai and Patna
E. A, EAnswer – B. The persons from Bengaluru and A
II. Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions.
Eight people L, M, N, O, P, Q, R and S are sitting around a circular table with equal distance
between each other but not necessarily in the same order. Some of them are facing the centre while some are facing outside.(i.e away from the centre)
- M sits third to the left of L. Only three people sit between M and S. P sits to the immediate right of S.
- Immediate neighbours of P face opposite directions(i.e. if one neighbour faces the centre then the other neighbour faces outside and vice-versa.) Only one person sit between
P and O.
- R sits second to the right of O. Both R and N face the same direction as S.(i.e if S faces the centre then R and N also faces the centre and vice-versa.)
- Immediate neighbours of Q faces opposite directions(i.e if one neighbour faces the centre then the other neighbour faces outside and Vice-versa.)
- P does not face outside. O faces a direction opposite to that of M.
- How many people sit between L and Q when counted from the left of Q?
E. TwoAnswer – C. Four
- Which of the following statements is true as per the given arrangement?
A. Q faces the centre
B. Only three people sit between P and L
C. R sits to the immediate right of N
D. None of the given options is true
E. N is an immediate neighbour of OAnswer – A. Q faces the centre
- Who amongst the following sits third to the left of P?
E. RAnswer – C. M
- How many people face the centre as per the given arrangement?
E. More than fourAnswer – D. Three
- What will come in place of question mark (?) in the given series based on the positions as given in the arrangement?
PS LR MP SM ?
E. LSAnswer – A. ON
- As per the given arrangement O is related to L in the same way as M is related to S, Following the same pattern to whom is N related?
E. OAnswer – A. Q