WHO (World Health Organization):-
- WHO has released the Global Tobacco Epidemic 2015 Report.
- There has been a steady progress on global Tobacco control in 10years time since the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (WHOFCTC) came into force.
- So called MPOWER was introduced to assist WHOFCTC for having control over tobacco over the countries.
- It is Strategies to support the implementation WHOFCTC.
- It stands for –
Monitor-Monitor tobacco use and prevention policies
Protect -Protect people from tobacco smoke
Offer- Offer to help to quit tobacco use
Warn -Warn about the dangers of tobacco
Enforce-Enforce bans on tobacco advertising, promotion
Raising- raising tobacco taxes
- Today half of world’s country have at least implemented one of the measures of MPOWER.
- R measure in MPOWER i.e. raising tobacco taxes is the main area of attention of WHO Global Tobacco Epidemic 2015 Report.
- Raising taxes is the most cost effective and most effective way to reduce the consumption of tobacco.
- Almost 80% of countries have not implemented the R measure so far.
- WHOFCTC has made specific commitments and strong control policies as per people’s health is concerned.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification