Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample From Mensuration that is important for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams !!
- After measuring 100m of a rope, it was discovered that the metre rod was 2cm longer. The true length of the rod is
100*2 = 200cm measured long
Correct length = 100 – (200/100) = 100 -2 = 98m
- A circle is drawn circumscribing a rectangle of sides 8cm and 6cm, find the area of the circle
Diagonal of rectangle = Diameter of circle
Diameter = √ (64+36) = 10
Radius = 5cm
Area of circle = 3.14*5*5 = 78.5cm2
- If the sides of a equilateral triangle is increased by 10% , 30%and 60%then a new triangle is formed. By what % perimeter of the triangle is increased ?
Let a = side of the triangle
Perimeter = 3a
New perimeter = a*110/100 + a*130/100 + a*140/100
= a(11+13+16)/10 = 4a
% increased in perimeter = (4a – 3a/3a)*100
= 100/3 = 33.33%
- If length, breadth and height of a hall is 14m,8m,8m then find the diagonal of the hall ?
Diagonal = √ (142+82+82)
= √ (196+64+64)
- The base and the other side of an isosceles triangle is 8cm and 12cm. Find its triangle ?
D)38.7 cm2A)45.2 cm2
Area = b/4√ (4a2 –b2)
= 8/4√ (4*144 – 64)
= 2(22.6) = 45.2cm2
- Find the area of sheet required to prepare an 60m height cone with base radius 32cm.
D) 128612cm2D) 128612cm2
L = √(602 + 322) = 68
Area = 3.14*r(h+l)
Area of sheet = 3.14*32(60+68) = 12861.44 = 128612cm2
- A hall is 80m long 65m wide. It has to be designed by tiles of 15m*10m. Find no of tiles required ?
Explanation :No of tiles = 80*65/15*10 = 5200/150 = 34.7 = 35
- Find the cost of carpenting a room 12 m long and 7 m broad with a carpet 10m long and 6m wide and at the rate of Rs.150 per meter.
Area of the room = 12 × 7 => 84 m2
Area of carpet = 10*6 = 60 m2
Cost = (84/60)*150 = 210
- The side of a cube is 13 cm, Find its surface area?
D) 1024cm2A) 1014cm2
Explanation :Surface area = 6a2 = 6*13*13 = 1014cm2
- The length of box 12 Cm long, 6 Cm breadth and 4Cm height. Find the maximum length of scale in that box?
Diagonal = √l2+b2+h2
= √196 => 14 Cm
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to any chapter, you can share here.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification