Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Time and Distance with Explanation, which is common for all the IBPS,SBI,RBI, IPPB, LIC, SSC and other competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- Two places are A and B are 200 kms from each other. A train leaves from A for B at the same time another train leaves B for A. The two trains meet at the end of 8 hours. If the train travelling from A to B travels 8km/hr faster than the other. Find the speed of the faster train?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.16.5 km/hr
Speed of trains = s + 8 and s km/hr.
At some P distance from A both train will meet. So,
8 = P/(s +8) ; 8 = (200 – P)/s
Solve both equation, we get s = 8.5 so faster train speed 16.5 km/hr
200/8 = 25
A+B = 25
A- B = 8 (given )
A= 16.5 km/hr
- A truck driving on a highway passed a man walking at the rate of 15km/hr in the same direction. He could see the truck for 2 minutes and up to 500 meters. Find the speed of the truck?
E. None of theseAnswer – B.30km/hr
- A train leaves Chennai for Bangalore at 2:15 p.m. and travels at the rate of 50 kmph. Another train leaves Bangalore for Chennai at 1:35 p.m. and travels at the rate of 60 kmph. If the distance between Bangalore and Chennai is 590 km at what distance from Chennai will the two trains meet?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.250 km
Total Distance = 590 km
Distance in 40 min = 60*40/60=40km
Time = 550/110=5hr
Reqd Distance = 50*5=250 km
- A bus was travelling from Mumbai to Pune was delayed by 16 minutes and made up for the delay on a section of 80 km travelling with a speed 10 km per hour higher than its normal speed. Find the original speed of the bus?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.50 km/h
80/x – 80/(x+10) = 16/60= 4/15
300/x -300/x+10 =1
X2 + 10x – 3000 = 0
X = -60, +50
- Two cities A and B are at a distance of 120 km from each other. Two persons P and Q start from First city at a speed of 20km/hr and 10km/hr respectively. P reached the second city B and returns back and meets Q at Y. Find the distance between A and Y.
E.None of theseAnswer – D.40 km
P = 120/20 = 6hrs
In 6hrs Q travels 60km
120-60 = 60km
60/(20+10) = 2hrs
Point Y → 60 + 10*2hrs = 80
- Vijay takes 4 hr in walking at certain place and return back. While it takes 3 hrs in walking at certain place and riding back. Find the time Vijay will take to ride both sides
D. 3.5 hr
E. None of theseAnswer – B.2 hr
W + W = 4. W =2
W+ R = 3. R =1
So to ride both direction, it will take 1+1 = 2 hrs.
- Rakesh travelled 2000 kilometre by air which formed 3/5 of the total journey. He travels 1/4 of the trip by car and the remaining trip by train. Find the distance travelled by train.
E.None of theseAnswer – C.2500
Distance by train=3×10000/3×4=2500
Another method :
- Rahul has to travel from one point to another point in a certain time. Travelling at a speed of 6kmph he reaches 40m late and travelling at a speed of 8kmph he reaches 12 m earlier.What is the distance between this two points ?
E.None of theseAnswer –
t +40/60 = d/6
t – 12/60 = d/8
By the solving these two equations we get.
d = 20.8 km ~ 21 km
Another method :
6………………..4. (40m late)
8…………………..3. (12 m ear)
60 = 52
1 = 52/60 = 13/15
So distance = 24 *13/15
= 8*13/5 = 104/5 = 20.8km
- Vivek travelled a distance of 50km in 7hrs. He travelled the distance partly on foot at 5kmph and partly on bicycle at 8kmph. What is the distance that he travelled on foot ?
E.None of theseAnswer –
x/5 + 50-x/8 =7
8x+250-5x = 7*40
3x+250 = 280
3x = 30
X = 30/3 = 10km
- Mani drove at the speed of 45 kmph. From home to a resort. Returning over the same route, he got stuck in traffic and took an hour longer, also he could drive only at the speed of 40 kmph. How many kilometers did he drive each way ?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.360km
x/40 – x/45 = 1
9x-8x/360 = 1
x/360 = 1
x = 360km
- Rohit starts cycling along the boundaries of the squares. He starts from a point A and after 90 minutes he reached to point C diagonally opposite to A. If he is travelling with 20km/hr, then find the area of square field.
E.None of theseAnswer – B.225
D = 20*3/2 = 30 km. So side of square is 15km, so area – 225km^2
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification