Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude Section with explanation in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Partnership, which is common for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- Niharika and Kritika investedin a business in the ratio 12 : 5. If 15% of the total profit goes to charity and Niharika’s share is Rs. 1055, the total profit is
D)None of theseAnswer – C)Rs.1758.33
Total profit(say)= Rs.100.
After paying to charity, Niharika’s share=85*(12/17)= Rs.60
If Niharika’s share=60, Total profit=Rs.100
If Niharika’s share=1055, Total profit= (100/60)* 1055= Rs.1758.33
- A, B, C started a business with their investments in the ratio 2:4:5. After 8 months, A invested the same amount as before and both B and C withdrew half of their investments. The ratio of their profits at the end of the year is:
D)12:25:20Answer – B)12:20:25
A:B:C=2x*8+2x*4 : 4x*8+(4x/2)*4 : 5x*8+(5x/2)*4
- A,B and C jointly engaged in a business. It was agreed that A would invest Rs. 6500 for 6months, B Rs.8400 for 5 months and C Rs.10000 for 3months. A wants to be a working partner and he was to receive 5% of the profits. The profit earned was Rs.7400. Calculate share of C.
D)Rs.2000Answer – B)Rs.1900
A received 5% of the profits i.e. 5% of 7400= Rs.370
Remaining= 7400-370= Rs.7030
Ratio of investments: 6500*6 : 8400*5 : 10000*3
Ratio= 13:14:10, Share of C= (10/37)*7030=Rs.1900
- A, B, C subscribe Rs. 60,000 for a business, A subscribes Rs.8000 more than B and B Rs. 5000 more thanC. Out of a total profit of Rs. 40,000, A receives :
D)Rs.14000Answer – B)Rs.18000
Let C = x then B = x + 5000 and A = x + 5000 + 8000 = x + 13000.
x + x + 5000 + x + 13000 = 60000 <=> 3x = 42000 , x = 14000.
A : B : C = 27000 : 19000 : 14000 = 27 : 19 : 14
A’s share = Rs. (40000 * 27/60 ) = Rs.18,000
- A, B, C rent a pasture. A puts 20 oxen for 8 months, B puts 12 oxen for 6 months and C puts 16 oxen for 4 months for grazing. If the rent of the pasture is Rs. 278, how much must A pay as his share of rent?
D)None of theseAnswer – C)Rs.60.11
A:B:C = (20*8) : (12*6): (16*4)= 20:9:8
C’s rent= (8/37) * 278= Rs.60.11
- 3 partners started a business. Twice the investment of A is equal to thrice the capital of B and capital of B is four times the capital of C. Find the share of B out of profit of Rs.309100.
D)Rs.123400Answer – C)Rs.112400
2(A’s capital)= 3(B’s capital)= 3*4x
A’s capital= (3*4x /2) = 6x
B’s share= 4/11 * 309100
- A, B and C enter into a partnership in the ratio 5/2:4/3:7/5 . After 4 months, A increases his share 23%. If the total profit at the end of one year be Rs.31,800, then B’s share in the profit is:
D)None of theseAnswer – B)Rs.7548.96
A:B:C = 75x *4+ (123/100 *75x *8) : 40x *12 : 42x*12 = 173: 80 :84
B’s share= 80/337 * 31800 = Rs. 7548.96
- A starts business with Rs.4000 and after 6 months B joins with A as his partner. After a year, the profit is divided in the ratio 2:7. What is B’s contribution in the capital?
D)Rs.1266.66Answer – C)Rs.4666.66
Solution:4000 * 12/ 6x) =2/7
- In a business A and C invested amounts in the ratio 2:1, whereas the ratio between amounts invested by A and B was 3:2. If Rs.261300 was their profit how much amount did B receive?
D)Rs.123600Answer – B)Rs.120600
A:B= 3:2, B:A=2:3= 4:6
A:C= 2:1= 6:3
B’s share= 6/13 * 261300
- A,B and C shared the profit in a business in the ratio 5:7:8 and partnered for 14 months, 8 months and 7 months. Ratio of their invesments is:
D)20:50:64Answer – B)20:49:64
Rs. x for 14 months, Rs. y for 8 months and Rs. z for 7 months
14x : 8y : 7z = 5 : 7 : 8
14x/8y = 5/7
y = (49/20)x
14x/7z = 5/8
z = (16/5)x
x:y:z = x:(49/20)x:(16/5)x
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to any chapter, you can share here.