The Consumer goods giant Procter & Gamble(P&G) has appointed its company veteran David Taylor as the new CEO by replacing A G Lafley on 29 July 2015. Now,the chairman of the company is A G lafley who led P&G from 2000.
Taylor and Lafley will continue to work closely together as Taylor will take care of the day-to-day business while Lafley will assist him in several areas, like strategy, innovations and acquisitions. Both have collaborated for the past 20 years.
Taylor has been the group president of the company’s global health&grooming business since 2013.In January his role was expanded to include P&G ‘s ailing beauty business.
About David Taylor:
- Taylor, who joined P&G in 1980 as a production manager in Greenville, North Carolina, will have his work cut out for him if he is indeed the next CEO.
- He worked in various capacities in his 35-year tenure with the company serving in managerial roles across markets including China and Western Europe.
- Taylor, who has gone through the ranks at Procter & Gamble, mainly made a name for himself with Febreze as he helped guide the brand through the 1 billion dollar turnover barrier.
- After nearly 35 years at the company, he will now take the reins of a company that has been selling plenty of brands over the past few years, including its perfume and cosmetics brands to Coty at the start of the month (for a sum of 12 billion dollars, 11 billion euro).
About Procter & Gamble(P&G):
- P&G is a publicly traded world’s largest American multinational consumer goods maker company based at Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.
- It was initiated by two British business men William Procter and James Gamble in 1837.
- Currently it has over 23 Billion Dollar Brands that serves nearly 5 billion people around the world.
- It world famous brands are Gillette, Olay, Ariel, Oral-B, Head & Shoulders, Tide, Pampers, Vicks, Whisper, Pantene and many more.
- P&G’s sales growth has been modest and its shares are down 11.4% so far in 2015.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification