- Credit Information Bureau India Ltd (CIBIL) has appointed Satish Pilai as its
- new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
- He succeeds Arun Thukral who served CIBIL for 10 years.
- Pillai has worked as Chief Operating Officer with CIBIL for four years handling product development and bureau operation.
- He has also led TransUnion’s operations in India during which, country’s first generic scoring model,”Cibil TransUnion Score” was launched, which is present in 30 countries in present day.
- Pillai has said that CIBIL will make the credit information infrastructure even more comprehensive and will enhance its content to better serve the needs of the customers.
Credit Information Bureau India Ltd (CIBIL):-
- India’s first Credit Information Company (CIC).
- It houses credit of 220 million trades across individuals and businesses and maintains credit information on more than 406 million consumer accounts.
- The records are submitted to CIBIL by member banks and credit institutions, on a monthly basis.
- This information is then used to create Credit Information Reports (CIR) to get the complete history of a credit applicant.