Prime Minister first visit to Iran for the following deals and Pacts
- Enhancing connectivity
- Energy Partnership with Persian Gulf Nation
- PM had discussion with Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Iran President Hassan Rouhani
- Trilateral agreement on Chabahar trade to be signed by Mr. Modi, President Ashraf Ghani and President Rouhani
- Inaugurating an international conference on ‘Retrospect and Prospect’ of India-Iran relations
India and Iran sign 12 bilateral agreements including Chabahar port development
India-Iran Cultural Exchange Programme:
- The objective is to extend the CEP for the period 2016-2019 covering the areas of culture and art; radio, TV, mass media and cinema; and relevant general and financial terms.
MoU between the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) of India and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) of Iran on Policy Dialogue between Governments and Interaction between Think Tanks
The MoU seeks to create a Joint Secretary/Director General policy dialogue as well as encouraging new institutional mechanisms between think tanks on both sides. There is also a provision for a conference on contemporary issues of regional and global significance.
MoU between Foreign Service Institute, MEA and the School of International Relations, Iran’s MoFA
- This MoU is intended to enhance cooperation between the two parties for training of diplomats and exchange of eminent speakers.
Implementation Protocol between Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of S&T and Iran’s Ministry of Science, Research and Technology on Cooperation in the Fields of Science and Technology
- The IP fleshes out the specific cooperation between the two sides pursuant to the 2003 MoU and covers areas like exchange of experiences, seminars, conferences etc.
MoU between Indian Council for Cultural Relations and Islamic Culture and Relations Organizations of the IR Iran
- The MoU provides for institutional mechanisms for cooperation between ICCR and ICRO and lays down the modalities for the cooperation.
Bilateral contract on Chabahar Port for port development and operations between IPGPL India Ports Global Private Limited] and Arya Banader of Iran
- The contract envisages development and operation for 10 years of two terminals and 5 berths with cargo handling [multipurpose and general] capacities.
MoU between EXIM Bank and Iran’s Ports and Maritime Organization [PMO] oncurrent specific terms for the Chabahar Port project
- This MoU is intended for the purpose of credit of USD 150 million for Chabahar port.
Confirmation Statement between EXIM Bank and Central Bank of Iran
This confirms the availability of credit up to INR 3000 crore for the import of steel rails and implementation of Chabahar port.
MoU between ECGC [Export Credit Guarantee Corporation] Limited of India and the Export Guarantee Fund of Iran (EGFI)
- The MoU seeks to establish a framework of cooperation between ECGC and EGFI in supporting and encouraging foreign trade and foreign investment between India and Iran and, where appropriate, the supply of goods and services from their respective countries as part of a project to a third country.
MoU between National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) and the Iranian Mines and Mining Industries Development and Renovation Organization (IMIDRO)
- The objective is for the two parties to jointly explore the possibility of manufacturing aluminium metal by setting up of a smelter on joint venture basis in Iran and/or entering into tolling arrangements with smelters in Iran or any other form of business collaboration including sale of alumina etc.
MoU between IRCON and Construction, Development of Transport and Infrastructure Company (CDTIC) of Iran
- MoU will enable IRCON to provide requisite services for the construction of Chabahar-Zahedan railway line which forms part of transit and transportation corridor in trilateral agreement between India, Iran and Afghanistan. Services to be provided by IRCON include all superstructure work and financing the project (around USD 1.6 billion).
MoU for cooperation between the National Archives of India and the National Library and Archives Organisation of the Islamic Republic of Iran
The aim to for facilitation of exchange of information and knowledge in the field of archival matters through exchange of manuals, guidelines, rules, publications and other special literature on archival topics.
About Chabahar Port Development
- Chabahar is a port located in south-east Iran that enables India to bypass Pakistan
- Create a route to land-locked Afghanistan from Chabahar where road network available to Zaranj in Afghanistan
- The Zaranj-Delaram road constructed by India in 2009 can give access to Afghanistan’s Garland Highway, setting up road access to four major cities in Afghanistan — Herat, Kandahar, Kabul and Mazar-e-Sharif
- India is doubling oil imports from Iran as well as develop a gas field
India, Iran, Afghanistan ink historic trilateral transit pact
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, Afghan President Ashraf Ghani and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi inked a three-way transit agreement on Iran’s southern port of Chabahar.
Venue: Iran Capital Tehran
Delegates: India Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Iran President Hassan Rouhani and the Afghan President Ashraf Ghani
Features of Trilateral Agreement:
- Hassles Free Transports of Goods between India and Pakistan through the Chabahar Port
- To have connectivity to accelerate Economic Growth
- Reducing the Cargo rate
- To expand cooperation between the three countries in several areas including IT and Education
PM’s Iran visit: AIR launches website, app in Persian language
The Persian service of All India Radio has launched a multimedia website and mobile app
- Initiated a WhatsApp-based listeners’ response forum
- Listeners from Iran can directly interact.
ALL INDIA RADIO SERVICE:
- External Services Division of AIR has been broadcasting in Persian language since 1941
- Persian language broadcast is for duration 1 hour 45 minutes in two transmissions in the morning and in the evening.
- Capital : Tehran
- Currency : Rial
- President : Hassan Rouhani