On December 6, 2019 the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi addressed Ekal Vidyalaya Sangathan in Gujarat through Video message from New Delhi. The Ekal Vidyalaya Sangathan spearheads ‘Ekal School Abhiyan’ which aims to promote the education among rural and tribal children. The key speeches during the meeting are as follows:Key Speeches & Highlights:
- PM Modi announced to set up 400 new ‘Eklavya Model residential schools‘ by 2022 across the country, so as to ensure that children in tribal areas are not deprived of quality education.
- The sangathan(organisation) volunteers were appreciated for their role for creating awareness on education to more than 2.8 million rural and tribal children residing in the remotest locations across India and Nepal.
- The sangathan has crossed 1 lakhs schools across India. The Ekal abhiyan trust was also awarded with the Gandhi Peace Prize in 2017 due to its commitment towards social service and for being an inspiration and role model for the whole country.
- Govt’s efforts on tribal education & betterment: The govt’s work for better education and skill development in India was discussed. Schemes like scholarship for scheduled tribe’s children, Eklavya Model residential school, Poshan Abhhiyan, Mission Indradhanush, and school holidays on the occasion of tribal festivals etc have been implemented. Such efforts reduced school dropout rates and also promoted the development of children.
- National level competition on 2022: Sangathan works on encouraging school children to participate in national level competition by 2022, the year in which India will attain its 75th Independence. The children will be encouraged to organise special skills such as skits, musical competitions, debates and discussions to highlight the role of tribes in the Indian Freedom Movement during the competition.
- Khel Mahakumbh: The Ekal Vidyalaya Sangathan may also organise Khel-Mahakhumbh (sports fiesta) of traditional Indian sports.
- The govt may come up with single real time dashboard for monitoring the progress of all the Ekal Vidyalayas in a comprehensive way.
About Ekal Vidyalaya:
Fact1- It is a movement working on the integrated & holistic development of rural & tribal India and Nepal.
Fact2- The main activity undertaken in this movement is to run one-teacher schools (known as Ekal Vidyalayas) all over India, inorder to provide education to every child.