On November 15, 2017, President Ram Nath Kovind launched various schemes and laid the foundation stones of infrastructure projects in Jharkhand. These schemes and projects are to be carried out at an expenditure of Rs 3455 crore. It is to be noted that November 15, 2017 was 17th Statehood Day of Jharkhand.
Schemes launched by President Ram Nath Kovind in Jharkhand:
President Kovind was the chief guest of the statehood day celebrations organized by Jharkhand State Government.
- Firstly, he launched Rs 290-crore ‘108 Ambulance’ service in the state. This service will have 329 life support system equipped ambulances which will provide free round the clock service across the state.
- Thereafter, President Kovind launched Jharkhand State Government’s JOHAR (Jharkhand’s Opportunities for Harnessing Rural Development) scheme. The objective of this scheme is to help tribal and Dalit families double their incomes in four years by creating employment in rural areas. This will be done by initiating micro irrigation projects in these areas. Financial outlay for JOHAR is Rs. 1500 crore.
- Kovind also launched Mukhyamantri Swasth Bima Yojana. Under this scheme, 57 lakh households in Jharkhand whose annual incomes are less than Rs 72000 will be provided premium free medical insurance cover.
- In Ranchi, President Kovind also laid foundation stone for three projects (two flyovers at Harmu and Kantatoli and one road widening project). These projects will be implemented at an estimated cost of Rs. 1000 crore.
- During the course of this visit to Jharkhand, President Kovind also distributed 40000 tablets to the teachers under Manki Munda and e-Vidya Vahini scheme. He also unveiled a commemorative stamp on the terracotta temple complex in Maluti village in Dumka.
Quick Facts about Jharkhand:
- Formation Date – November 15, 2000
- Capital – Ranchi
- Largest City – Jamshedpur
- Current Chief Minister – Raghubar Das
- Current Governor – Draupadi Murmu