The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee presented the Rajbhasha awards on the occasion of Hindi Divas at a function held in New Delhi. The award ceremony held at Vigyan Bhawan.
September 14: National Hindi Divas
These awards had been instituted by the Department of Official Language of Ministry of Home Affairs to recognize the excellent contribution of Ministries, Departments, Nationalized Banks and others in the field of Hindi.
SK Biswas, Director (Personnel), THDCIL, has been honoured with the prestigious Rajbhasha Kirti Award (third) the award from President Pranab Mukherjee at a glittering ceremony.
– THDC India Limited (formerly known as Tehri Hydro Development Corporation Ltd.) is a Joint Venture of Govt. of India and Govt. of Uttar Pradesh.
The ceremony was chaired by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju and MoS (Home Affairs) Haribhai Parthibhai Chaudhary.
About Hindi Divas
– It is celebrated as an event every year on 14th of September, because the Hindi language was first adopted by the Constituent Assembly of India as the official language of the Republic of India on 14th of September in 1949.
– The decision of using Hindi language as an official language of India was legalized by the Constitution of India on 26th of January in 1950.
– Hindi is spoken as a native language by 258 million people and is recognized as the 4th largest language in the world.
– Hindi got its name from the Persian word Hind, meaning ‘Land of the Indus River‘.