The Vibrant Goa Global Expo and Summit 2019 (VG GES 2019) was conducted from October 17-19, 2019 at Goa University, Taleigao, Goa. The summit was inaugurated by Chief Minister of Goa Shri Pramod Sawant, in the presence of all high officials.
Focus: The key focus of the summit was to make development in areas such as innovation, sustainability, industries, technology, youth and skill development, knowledge sharing and networking. VG GES was one of a kind display expo to bridge the gap between goan industries and other national/international industries. Some of the events during the VG GES are as follows,
DRDO signed 30 Transfer of Technology with 16 Companies
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) signed 30 licensing agreements for Transfer of Technology (ToT) with 16 Indian companies inclusive of including three start-ups.
- Technologies developed by DRDO is generally used in defence industry and Armed Forces. The companies that obtained the ToT from DRDO provides ready-to-eat meals, survival ration and emergency flying ration products to the armed forces.
Goa and SPTI signed 2 MoU for start-up centre and IT park
The department of Information and Technology(DoIT) of the Goa govt signed 2 Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) with the Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) to establish a start-up centre in the state that would boost the IT industry in the state. Another MoU was signed to set up an IT park at Dona Paula, Goa.
- 14,000 square metres of land would be given to the STPI for the start-up centre which would be set up at Dona Paula, Goa.
- The development of IT facility would be done at a cost of ₹40 crores (United States $5.62 million).
17 MoUs signed at the event: In order to promote business ventures in Goa, the state CM announced the signing of 17 MoUs.
Other key highlights of the summit:
- As part of the VG-GES, in July 2019, 10 members led Goan business delegation to 4 nations of the Southeast Asian nations namely Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Singapore.
- During the three-day summit, the India Today Group also organised the State of the State (SOTN)-Goa conclave 2019.
- On October 18, 2019, Shri PramodSawant in the presence of Minister for Revenue and Information Technology (IT), Smt. Jennifer Monserrate inaugurated the ‘Goa Business School IT Summit’(GBSIT) with the aim to bring national and international institutes to collaborate together in the field of IT.
- Members present: Union Minister for Commerce and Industry PiyushGoyal, RajKumarKamat, president of Vibrant Goa Foundation, Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping and for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Nitin Gadkari and other officials were present during the event
♦ Founded- 1991
♦ Headquarters- New Delhi.
♦ STPI is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Electronics and IT with the objective to promote, and boost software exports from India.
♦ Currently it is setting up 28 centres of excellence across the country.
♦ Capital- Dabolim
♦ Deputy CM-ChandrakantKavlekar, Manohar TrimbakAjgaonkar.