National Payments Corporation Limited (NPCI), an umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement systems in India launched ‘UPI-Help’ on Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) UPI, a part of its Digi-Help stack.This Feature will enhance the hassle-free experience on issue resolution for BHIM UPI app users.
- Initially, this feature will be available for the customers of State Bank of India (SBI), AXIS Bank, HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank.
Features of the UPI Help:
i.It will enable users to use their app for the following features,
- Check status for pending transactions,
- Raise complaints for transactions that have not been processed or money not credited to the beneficiary,
- Raise complaints for merchant transactions.
- It can resolve complaints online for person-to-person (P2P) transactions.
- Customers of Paytm Payments Bank and TJSB Sahakari Bank will also be able to use UPI-Help soon.
About Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) App:
- BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) is an Indian mobile payment App developed by the NPCI, based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
- Named after B. R. Ambedkar and launched on 30 December 2016.
- The application supports all Indian banks which use UPI, which is built over the Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) infrastructure and allows the user to instantly transfer money between bank accounts of any two parties.
About National Payments Corporation Limited (NPCI):
MD & CEO – Dilip Asbe
Headquarter – Mumbai, Maharashtra