NICL AO Preparation
Try to solve the following problems in Quantitative Aptitude within 20 minutes. Kindly use the Discussion part effectively and don’t post any irrelevant comments.
A big bag contains 6 red pencils, 4 blue pencils, 2 green pencils and 3 yellow pencils.
1. If two pencils are picked at random, what is the probability that both pencils are red?
a) 1/2 b) 1/3 c) 2/15 d) 2/5 e) NOTA
2. If three pencils are picked at random, what is the probability that two are blue and one is yellow?
a) 4/93 b) 1/2 c) 8/33 d) 18/455 e) NOTA
3. If four pencils are picked at random, what is the probability that at least one is blue?
a) 3/14 b) 9/34 c) 69/91 d) 11/19 e) NOTA
4. If two pencils are picked at random, what is the probability that either both or green or both are yellow?
a) 6/29 b) 4/105 c) 9/11 d) 11/9 e) NOTA
5. If four pencils are picked at random, what is the probability that one is green, two are blue and one is red?
a) 9/235 b) 11/230 c) 24/455 d) 23/455 e) NOTA
6. Four Drivers and Three conductors stand in a queue to get salary. The probability that they stand in alternate position is
a) 1/25 b) 1/35 c) 1/45 d) 1/55 e) 1/65
7. In how many ways, can 15 people be seated around two tables with seating capacities of 7 and 8 people?
a) 13!/9! b) 15C8 x 6! x 7! c) 15C7 x 7! x 10! d) NOTA
8. How many straight lines can be drawn from 15 non-collinear points?
a) 100 B) 105 c) 110 d) 115 e) 120
9. P, Q, and R can do a work in 8, 12, and 15 days respectively. P and Q start working out but P quits after working for 2 days. After this R joins Q till the completion of work. In how many days the work will be completed?
a) 5 (6/9) days b) 4 (7/9) days c) 5 (8/9) days d) 4 (4/11) days
10. Radhika and Sindhuja are partners in a business. Radhika contributes 1/4 of the capital for 15 months and Sindhuja received 2/3rd of the profit. How long Sindhuja’s money was used?
a) 8 months b) 10 months c) 12 months d) 14 months e) 16 months
|1 – E||6 – B|
|2 – D||7 – B|
|3 – C||8 – B|
|4 – B||9 – C|
|5 – C||10 – B|
Those who need any explanation for any of the above problems, just make sure that you have explained at least one in the comment section. Kindly Share your Knowledge. It will benefit more people.