Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a multi-purpose and multi-modal platform PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation). It is a unique integrating and interactive platform. The main objective of this platform is addressing the common man’s grievances. PRAGATI also monitors and review the important programmes and projects of the Central Government as well as the State Governments.
- PRAGATI is designed in-house by the PMO team with the help of National Informatics Center.
- PRAGATI is a three tier application, which includes PMO; Union Government secretaries; and Chief Secretaries of States.
- Prime Minister will interact with bureaucrats once in every month on fourth Wednesday at 3.30 PM. This day will be known as PRAGATI Day.
- The PRAGATI platform uniquely combines three latest technologies: Digital data management, video-conferencing and geo-spatial technology.
- Union Government Secretaries and Chief Secretaries have to put their comments and updates about the flagged issues within three days.
- PRAGATI provides an interface and platform for the data bases of the CPGRAMS for grievances, Project Monitoring Group and the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- PRAGATI is designed in such a way that, when the Prime Minister reviews the issue, he should have on his screen the issue as well as the latest updates and visuals regarding the same.