International Council for Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) will be organising ICOMOS General Assembly and Scientific Symposium 2017 in New Delhi from 11th – 15th December 2017.
Highlights of ICOMOS General Assembly and Scientific Symposium 2017:
Theme of the Scientific Symposium is “Heritage and Democracy“.
- The event is supported by Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Union Ministry of Culture, State Governments of Jammu and Kashmir, Bihar, Odisha, and well-known companies in tourism sector.
- The objective of this event is to promote international co-operation and strengthen understanding in the field of heritage conservation.
- Over 1000 delegates from 68 countries around the world are expected to attend this event.
- During the course of this event, renowned heritage professionals such as archaeologists, urban planners, architects, engineers, building conservation professionals, curators and art historians from diverse cultural backgrounds will deliberate upon several topics under four subthemes – Integrating Heritage and Sustainable Urban Development by Engaging Diverse Communities, Protecting and Interpreting Cultural Heritage in the Age of Digital Empowerment, Role of Cultural Heritage in Building Peace and Reconciliation and Culture – Nature Journey.
- Eminent global and national speakers such as Ede Yildirim, Sudha Gopalakrishnan, Gamini Wijesuria, Tim Badman, Shiv Visvanathan and Laila Tyabji will also attend this event and share critical insights.
About International Council for Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS):
ICOMOS is a non-governmental, professional association that promotes conservation and protection of heritage monuments and sites across the world.
- It was founded in 1965 and is located in Paris, France.
- ICOMOS holds its General Assembly every year and triennialGeneral Assembly every three years.
- 18 sessions of ICOMOS triennialGeneral Assembly have been held till date. Twelve sessions were held in Europe, two sessions in Asia, two in North America and one in Africa.