On May 31, 2020, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi during his Mann Ki Baat address to the nation announced the “My Life – My Yoga”(Jeevan Yoga) Video Blogging Contest, as one of the activities related to the observation of the 6th International Day of Yoga (IDY) on June 21st, 2020. The contest being organized by the Ministry of AYUSH and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is open for participants from all countries.
- It has already gone live on the social media handles of the Ministry of AYUSH on 31 May 2020.
- The objective of the contest is to focus on the transformative impact of Yoga on the lives of individuals.
About My Life – My Yoga video blogging competition:
The Ministry of AYUSH and ICCR seek to raise awareness about Yoga and to inspire people to become the active participants in the observation of IDY 2020. The contest will support participation via the social media platforms of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The contest will have two parts.
- First part consists of an international video blogging contest, wherein the winners will be picked within a country which will be followed by global prize winners from different countries in the second part.
- To enter into the contest the participants are required to upload a 3 minutes duration video of 3 Yogic practices (kriya, asana, pranayama, bandha or mudra), including a short video message on how the Yogic practices influenced their life.
- The video can be uploaded on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the contest #MyLifeMyYogaINDIA and appropriate category hashtag.
- Eligibility: Entries can be submitted by participants under three categories covering youth (aged under 18), adults (above 18 years) and yoga professionals, separately for male and female contestants.
- Prizes: For the Indian contestants, prizes worth Rs. 1 lakh, 50K and 25K for 1st, 2nd and 3rd ranks respectively. Details of the global prizes will be announced shortly.
IDY celebrations 2020:
In India, IDY is celebrated on a large scale consisting of large gatherings. But this year, due to the COVID-19 spread, the ministry has advised to practice Yoga at their homes, with participation from the entire family.
About Ministry of AYUSH:
Minister of State (MoS)– Shripad Yesso Naik
President– Vinay Sahasrabuddhe
Headquarters– New Delhi