Udaipur in Rajasthan has featured in the ‘The World’s Top 15 Cities’ list compiled by famous magazine ‘Travel + Leisure’ (T+L). The list has been topped by a Mexican City, San Miguel de Allende.
About ‘The World’s Top 15 Cities’:
Every year for the ‘World’s Best Awards’ survey, T+L asks readers to give feedback on their travel experiences around the globe. In this survey, readers share their opinions on the top cities, islands, cruise ships, spas, airlines, and more.
- Readers rate cities on their sights and landmarks, culture, cuisine, friendliness, shopping, and overall value. ‘The World’s Top 15 Cities’ list is been compiled on the basis of this survey.
- This year, Mexico’s San Miguel de Allende has topped the list for the first time in World’s Best Awards’ 22-year history. The city attracts visitors for its well-preserved historic centre, colonial architecture, leafy plaza, and rows of independent boutiques which line old cobblestone streets. The fortified town, which was founded in the 16th century, was also inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2008.
- Udaipur is the only Indian city to get featured in this list. Udaipur is known for its beautiful lakes, palaces, temples, museum and other historical sites.
- Pedestrian-friendly features, ample green space and a rich history that’s been thoughtfully preserved are the common features of these top rated 15 cities.
- It is to be noted that seven of the top 15 cities are in Asia.
World’s Top 15 Cities:
|1||San Miguel de Allende, Mexico|
|2||Charleston, South Carolina, USA|
|3||Chiang Mai, Thailand|
|7||Hoi An, Vietnam|
|8||Cape Town, South Africa|
|10||Luang Prabang, Laos|
|11||Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA|
|13||Siem Reap, Cambodia|
About Travel & Leisure:
Travel + Leisureis a monthly travel magazine based in New York, USA.
- It is owned and published by Time Inc.
- First Issue of Travel + Leisure was published in year 1937.