The World Consumer Rights Day (WCRD) is observed 15th March every year since 1983, to promote the basic rights of all the consumers, to demand that those rights are respected and protected, and also for dissenting the market abuses and social injustices which undermine the consumers. The theme for the WCRD 2015 is Helping consumers choose healthy diets.
The National Consumers Day is observed on December 24.
- It is the world federation of consumer groups.
- Serves as the only independent and authoritative global voice for consumers.
- Consumers International has 250 member organizations in more than 120 countries.
The Eight Basic Consumer Rights
- The right to satisfaction of basic needs.
- The right to safety
- The right to be informed
- The right to choose
- The right to be heard
- The right to redress
- The right to consumer education
- The right to a healthy environment