On the lines of Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi’s vision of digitally empowered society and knowledge economy, Indian Railway has launched a completely digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS) on November 27, 2020 to improve the efficiency and productivity of Railway system & also employee satisfaction.
In this regard, Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman & CEO, Railway Board has launched following modules of HRMS & User depot useful for railway employees and pensioners via video conferencing.
- Employee Self Service (ESS) module: It enables railway employees to interact with various modules of HRMS including communication regarding change of data.
- Provident Fund (PF) Advance module: It enables Railway employees to check their PF balance and apply for PF advance online.
- Settlement module: It digitizes the entire settlement process of retiring employees by eliminating use of paper and also facilitates timely processing.
Prior to above mentioned modules, Indian Railways has already launched other modules of HRMS like:
- Employee Master module which stores all basic information details of Railway employee,
- Electronic Service Record module replacing physical Service Records storing service records of employees in digital format,
- Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) module digitizing the complete process of writing annual performance Appraisal of all 12 lakh non gazetted Railway employees,
- Electronic Pass module replacing the physical paper pass,
- Office Order Module meant both for the issue of office Orders and updating of data on joining of new employees, promotion, transfer of employees and retirement of employees in HRMS database.
HRMS is a repository of all the service records of the employees. It combines a number of systems and processes to ensure the easy management of human resources, business processes and data.
Recent Related News:
i.The South Eastern Railways(SER) launched the project, “Operation my Saheli(Friend)” to enhance the security of women passengers in the train throughout the entire journey from the originating point to their destinations.
ii.On October 1, 2020, Indian Railways (IR) launched Freight Business Development (FBD) (https://fois.indianrail.gov.in/RailSAHAY/) exclusively for freight clients. The Portal has been developed by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS). Indian Railways has launched the portal to maximize its revenues from freight operations.
About Ministry of Railway:
Union Minister– Piyush Vedprakash Goyal
Headquarter– New Delhi