Indian Army has signed USD 20 Million (~ INR 140 Crores) contract with ideaForge to procure unmentioned numbers of high-altitude variant of Indigenous SWITCH UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) over a period of 1 year.
i.SWITCH is a Fixed-Wing-Vertical Take-off and Landing (VTOL) UAV and is capable of being deployed at high altitude and harsh environments.
- It will serve the purpose of Surveillance, Reconnaissance missions of the Indian Army in its borders.
- It is man-portable(capable of being carried by one individual) & has the highest time on target compared to other UAVs in its class.
- SWITCH successfully passed all the Stringent product trials set by the Indian Army.
ii.With this deal, ideaForge is slated to become the largest manufacturer of India of drones for homeland security, defence & industrial applications.
- It was founded in 2007 by Alumnis of IIT-Bombay, ideaForge is a licensed manufacturer of UAV approved by the Ministry of Defence (MoD).
- ideaForge is the 1st organization to indigenously develop and manufacture VTOL UAVs in India.
Recent Related News:
i.On August 31, 2020, the Acquisition Wing of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed contracts with Bharat Earth Movers Ltd. (BEML), Tata Power Company Ltd. (TPCL) and Larsen & Toubro (L&T) for supply of Six Pinaka Regiments to the Regiment of Artillery of the Indian Army at an approximate cost of Rs. 2580 Crores.
Chief Executive Officer – Ankit Mehta
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra