On January 15, 2021, Union Minister for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey launched the Third Phase of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY 3.0) 2020-21 in 600 districts across India and made available around 300 Plus Skill Courses to the youth.
i.The PMKVY 3.0 has been designed based on the learnings from the previous 2 editions PMKVY 1.0 (2015-16) & PMKVY 2.0 (2016-2020).
ii.PMKVY 3.0 aims to provide training to around 8 Lakh candidates during the period of 2020-21 with an outlay of INR 948.90 Crore.
- It will be implemented by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and will focus on demand-driven skill development, digital technology & Industry 4.0 skills.
- PMKVY 3.0 is set to be trainee and learner-centric and will address the ambitions of ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’.
- It will be demand-based & Decentralized in its approach as District Skill Committees (DSC) will be the focal point of implementation of PMKVY 3.0.
People who attended the Event:
i.RK Singh, Minister of State, MSDE, Shri. Praveen Kumar, Secretary, MSDE, Dr. Manish Kumar, MD and CEO, National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) were present during the event.
ii.Member of Parliament from 6 States were also present during the launch.
i.The Scheme will have 2 components:
- Centrally Sponsored Centrally Managed (CSCM) – to be implemented by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- Centrally Sponsored State Managed (CSSM) – known as state component to be implemented by State Skill Development Missions (SSDIMS).
- The Total target of the scheme will be divided approximately in the ratio of 75:25 between Central & State Components.
ii.The types of training under the scheme are
- PMKVY Short Term Training (STT)
- PMKVY Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
iii.The scheme will be aligned with Common Cost Norms and National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF).
iv.Phase-wise introduction of vocational courses in Schools to be started in coordination with the Ministry of Education (MoE), which will be implemented for Class 9 to 12 students.
v.NSDC will provide the IT & Technical support for implementation of the Scheme.
- An Executive Committee will be constituted for overseeing the regular functioning of the scheme
Skill India Mission:
i.The Skill India Mission was launched in 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make India as the Skill Capital of the World.
ii.It is managed by NSDC, various initiatives under the campaign are
- National Skill Development Mission
- National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, 2015
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Skill Loan scheme
- Rural India Skill
Recent Related News:
i.On December 18, 2020, MSDE, RK Singh launched India’s 1st Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Skill Development in Power Sector at the campus of National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Gwal Pahari, Gurugram, Haryana.
ii.On 20th August, 2020, A MoU was signed between the Ministry of Shipping (MoS) and MSDE for skilling, re-skilling and upskilling of manpower in Port, Maritime sectors.
About Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE):
Union Minister – Mahendra Nath Pandey
Minister of State – RK Singh