The Asian ministerial conference is set to endorse a regional implementation plan of the new post-2015 framework for disaster risk reduction. This will form a key element of the initial global effort to implement the new framework.
Points to Remember:
- Asian Ministerial Conference was announced on 17 March 2015.
- Asian Ministerial Conference was announced by Home Minister of India Rajnath at the Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction held in Sendai, Japan.
- This will be the first AMCDRR to be hosted by India in the post-2015 framework for Disaster Risk Reduction, though India had hosted the Second AMCDRR in 2007.
- The conference in 2016 will be held in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR).
- The Sixth Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction was held in Thailand from 23 June to 26 June 2014.